Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

John Catt dead

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Albion Chief Executive Martin Perry said, " This was a vindictive, vexatious attack on the football club. Even if he had won, his barrister admitted in court that it was likely that the only outcome would be that the club would have to submit another planning application and the council would ensure that the proper planning procedures were followed.

"In the event, the appeal judges found again that Brighton & Hove City Council had acted properly and that the planning permission has been granted lawfully.

"All of this is being funded by legal aid. It is a wicked abuse of public money being used to take a pointless case to court which had to be defended by Brighton & Hove City Council at the expense of the council tax payer.

"Even worse for the football club is that we have had to pay to be represented by solicitors and barristers at the hearings and cannot reclaim its costs.

"All of this from John Catt who bought his house after the club moved into Withdean and has sought to wreak havoc in the residents liaison meetings.

"He has cost the club thousands of pounds in legal fees, but he has lost again and it will be interesting to see if he tries to take the case to the House of Lords."

WELL SAID MARTIN PERRY :clap: :clap2: :clap:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Kinky Gerbils said:
Good news.

Can the club sue him for wasting time?

Probably not and he has wasted loads of public money on this as well :angry: :angry: :angry:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
He's a fine, upstanding citizen who is entitled to his point of view and is entitled to use the legal process to defend what he sees is right ...

... but I'm just off to brick his windows.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
So he bought his house while we were already at Withdean AND he got legal aid.

What an absolute bloody disgrace.

I hope he has a fatal accident.

:angry: :censored: :censored: :angry: :censored: :angry: :censored: :angry: :censored: :angry: :censored: :angry: :censored:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
As the club have been proven in the right, why are they not entitled to claim costs?

Last edited:

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Beach Hut said:
Probably not and he has wasted loads of public money on this as well :angry: :angry: :angry:
thats the worst thing aswell,legal aid:angry: :censored:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
What? He moved in AFTER the Albion?

No right to moan at all.

Hmmm, I live near Burgess Hill station, I think I might write to the Government and demand that London to Brighton trains are re-routed via Lewes, so I don't have to hear the faint sound of them passing through. After all, I never expected train noise when i bought my place near a busy station.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
pasty said:
As the club have been proven in the right, why are they not entitled to claim costs?

I don't know but it stinks. We have had to fork out thousands of pounds defending his malicious court actions and can't claim a penny in costs because he had legal aid.

:rolleyes:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Where does he live ?

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Peteinblack said:
So he bought his house while we were already at Withdean AND he got legal aid.

What an absolute bloody disgrace.

I hope he has a fatal accident.

:angry: :censored: :censored: :angry: :censored: :angry: :censored: :angry: :censored: :angry: :censored: :angry: :censored:

I used to work in a garage that had been around for about 40 years and the bloke next door who had lived there for much less than that used to come in and complain he could smell petrol.

What exactly did he expect?

Questions said:
Where does he live ?

I don't know and you don't want to go looking through the electoral role to find out....

I'm not condoning it but if ever one person outside Falmer deserves to be harrassed it is that cantankerous old bastard. He should be held liable for all costs incurred by the club. Who gives a damn if he's old? He needs to be sued for damages and costs...

Last edited:

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
I wish to object to the title of this thread. Please don't promise things when you can't deliver. The death of Mad John Catt will be a time for all reasonable people to celebrate the demise of a phoney trouble-stirrer who believes he should waste public money.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here