Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

John Baine on BBC SCR

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
PS And part of McGhee's tenure, not forgetting the Mansfield debacle in the cup last year.

A few bad games last year does not compare to the confused displays we've been served up for 70% of this season Harty.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Come on Harty, you have done the ojective view stance to death now.

We have gone backwards with the same set of players and with numerous additions to the squad. All the while we have one of the best players to come through our youth system in recent years on loan at Notts Forrest in the championship who are now looking like staying up. Lynch will leave in the summer if they stay up for £25K, PATHETIC!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Come on Harty, you have done the ojective view stance to death now.

We have gone backwards with the same set of players and with numerous additions to the squad. All the while we have one of the best players to come through our youth system in recent years on loan at Notts Forrest in the championship who are now looking like staying up. Lynch will leave in the summer if they stay up for £25K, PATHETIC!

Harty does need a bit more objectivity, but where has this little chestnut of Lynch going to Forest for £25,000 come from?

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Harty does need a bit more objectivity, but where has this little chestnut of Lynch going to Forest for £25,000 come from?

If Im wrong please correct me.

I had a feeling that was agrred between the two clubs, but I may have not remembered correctly.

Anyway the fact we have a player on loan at a higher level is a joke.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
What rubbish under Lloyd like getting promotion from Division 3 to Division 2 in 1988 and being one match away from the 1st Division in 1991? He got us relegated in 1993 but all in all Lloyd's reign at the Albion was not rubbish and you cannot compare him to the likes of Wood and Case.

But with all due respect to Barry we went down under him in both 87 and 92 not 93, agreed we had some good times with him but also some very bad times, I can recall numerous demos and the like.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
At last, someone connected with the club has taken is head out of Dick Knight's arse and has seen the light.

It's not rubbish? How do you justify 2 home wins in 11 games, Harty?:shrug:

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
If Im wrong please correct me.

I had a feeling that was agrred between the two clubs, but I may have not remembered correctly.

Anyway the fact we have a player on loan at a higher level is a joke.

The £25,000 is an agreed loan fee, plus they are covering his wages.

I guess if they buy him, the fee might be deducted from whatever price we get for him.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Was John's head up Dick's arse before then?

Well either it has taken him 4 months to finally think what we've all been thinking, or Harty hasn't given the oppurtunity before tonight to say it.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Do you know if we can recall him, in the event that we had a change in manager.

Seeming they have paid a fee for him, very unlikely.

If Football Manager is like real life, if a club pay a fee for a player on loan, the club CANNOT recall him.

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
Was John's head up Dick's arse before then?

I can confirm that this was not the case, not in the pre-chairman Concorde days when we introduced him as the head of 'the consortium', not now. Anyone who would entertain such a concept doesn't know me! I simply waited until I was sure that events had proved that what I was going to say was absolutely necessary, rather than just blurting it out without reflection, and then said it.

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
But it was a vast improvement on Saturday, something JB agreed with me on.

We had rubbish under Lloyd, Case and Wood, this at the moment isn't good but it doesn't approach anything like we saw with the aforementioned.

PS And part of McGhee's tenure, not forgetting the Mansfield debacle in the cup last year.

This issue is a lack of quality players were responsible for the problems under Wood and really under Case as well (although a bit of motivation from Steve Gritt obviously saved the day). There is no lack of quality in this squad. Adams has had at least as good a squad as Wilkins had and has performed far worse with it. How you cannot see that is beyond me

What rubbish under Lloyd like getting promotion from Division 3 to Division 2 in 1988 and being one match away from the 1st Division in 1991? He got us relegated in 1993 but all in all Lloyd's reign at the Albion was not rubbish and you cannot compare him to the likes of Wood and Case.

But with all due respect to Barry we went down under him in both 87 and 92 not 93, agreed we had some good times with him but also some very bad times, I can recall numerous demos and the like.

I stand corrected about 1993, but didn't Lloyd take over halfway through the 1987 season? Yes we had good times and bad times with him so you can't compare him to Case and Wood, because as far as I remember we had only bad times with those two!

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I used to be a fan of Harty's but never really liked Atila, nothing personal never met the man, but just not a fan of "The Arts" .

However he has gone up a million miles in my estimation after that call, and Harty you seriously have got to take a long look at yourself.

Although John was being negative, he was speaking the truth, and basically Harty didn't like that and got him off the line as soon as you could.

Is this the same Harty who a while ago thought Dick Knight should move on. Is this the same Harty who PM'ed me to agree then, that although Dick Knight will always be a legend and be thought of as god to Albion supporters, should step aside as he was past it as chairman.

Any chance the fact you have your own little piece on the website changed your view?

Towing the company line are you?

Your view is your view, and you are entitled to it the same as everyone else, but make sure its your view and not a view because your trying to crawl within the Albion "inner circle".

John put some decent points across and all you did was disagree. Half decent presenters put their view across to counter arguments, but I suppose you'd look a bit silly if your argument was "I work for Lord Knight now, so I can't say anything against him in case I lose my slot".

The way you cut John short, maybe you should change the title of your show from the "Albion Phone In" to the "Albion Love In"

Very disappointed by Harty, who I thought was the voice of the fans, and not the voice of the board.

Stick with YOUR views mate!

I used to be a fan of Harty's but never really liked Atila, nothing personal never met the man, but just not a fan of "The Arts" .

However he has gone up a million miles in my estimation after that call, and Harty you seriously have got to take a long look at yourself.

Although John was being negative, he was speaking the truth, and basically Harty didn't like that and got him off the line as soon as you could.

Is this the same Harty who a while ago thought Dick Knight should move on. Is this the same Harty who PM'ed me to agree then, that although Dick Knight will always be a legend and be thought of as god to Albion supporters, should step aside as he was past it as chairman.

Any chance the fact you work for him now changed your view?

Towing the company line are you?

Your view is your view, and you are entitled to it the same as everyone else, but make sure its your view and not a view because your trying to crawl within the Albion "inner circle".

John put some decent points across and all you did was disagree. Half decent presenters put their view across to counter arguments, bur I suppose you'd look a bit silly if your argument was "I work for Lord Knight now, so I can't say anything against him".

The way you cut John short, maybe you should change the title of your show from the "Albion Phone In" to the "Albion Love In"

Very disappointed by Harty, who I thought was the voice of the fans, and not the voice of the board.

Stick with YOUR views mate!

Does Harty work for the Albion then?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here