Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

John Baine on BBC SCR

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
This issue is a lack of quality players were responsible for the problems under Wood and really under Case as well (although a bit of motivation from Steve Gritt obviously saved the day). There is no lack of quality in this squad. Adams has had at least as good a squad as Wilkins had and has performed far worse with it. How you cannot see that is beyond me
Because he now probably scared to upset certain people.

It is rubbish, not as bad as they dark old days of the 90s, but certainly well below what we should be achiving today.

I'd love to see Harty lose his slot on the website, then maybe we'd get the old Harty back, just like John and everyone else wants the old Micky back.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
"But we've matured and we know what it's all about..."

No, it would appear that you've sold out.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The old Micky would not have done the post Leeds United interview. He would not have thrown the towel in before the game started as it was the " Mighty Leeds United " we were playing. Was what the pre match team talk. " Do your best but it is Leeds United after all and if/when we lose you can be assured of a cuddle from me ".

Pathetic and unbelievable. Grow a pair of bollocks Micky or GO.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What rubbish under Lloyd like getting promotion from Division 3 to Division 2 in 1988 and being one match away from the 1st Division in 1991? He got us relegated in 1993 but all in all Lloyd's reign at the Albion was not rubbish and you cannot compare him to the likes of Wood and Case.

But with all due respect to Barry we went down under him in both 87 and 92 not 93, agreed we had some good times with him but also some very bad times, I can recall numerous demos and the like.

That was then, this is now. Adams inherited a half decent team, and with his own additions has taken the team backwards. The team doesnt have to compare with any previous teams for it to qualify as being crap. What is served up now is piss poor for 400 quid plus. End of.

JB was 100% right and justified in what he said. It isn't rocket science and most fans with half a degree of common sense can see the same as John.

IH has had a brain transplant this season and has lost all sight of reasoning since the return of the chosen one. Sadly the chosen one is leading his flock over a cliff and IH seems happy to think there is nothing wrong and will probably find some way of blaming someone else when they hit the bottom.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I liked the way Attila gave Harty a "philosophy 101" lesson. :clap:

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Attila got it 100% right.

The gutless Adams is less than a pale shadow of his former self.

Is Harty going the same way? Hope not but...

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
John Baine is an icon....a torch for the Albion.He wants a new breed to carry this torch forward ! The problem is who do we hate ! Adams,is having a very poor time, Knight is with the help of others keeping us afloat.Harty,without him ,radio coverage would involve less passionate broadcasters.Naylor,well lets bring back John ! he has to test and probe ! Me the fan for 45 years.Yes who is to to blame ? maybe its us how many times has the new Wihdean capacity been filled ?John will not find a new torch holder because there is no one to hate and we are all to blame. If we are relegated,trust me our time will come again.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Harty at times I think you just don't want to see what is really happening if you cast your mind back to that special phone in when Adams was appointed I raised a point that you completely ignored about the credit crunch and how this will affect people going to games.

Stumpy Tim

For me two things stick out from that clip:

1. John was 100% spot on and it was great to hear it coming from someone so close to Dick Knight. I'm not Attila's biggest fan either (can't stand the poetry), but you can't fault his love for the Albion and he speaks the truth. I hope this is the final nail in Micky's coffin at Brighton, though it could just harden Knight's resolve

2. Harty is now an utter waste of space and is pointless. He's lost any credibility as an alleged voice of the fans. He isn't objective in any way - he'll stick with Adams whatever happens. Crap quotations like "it's not rubbish" (not what everyone else says) & "make it positive" (why should he make it positive... he's rightly pissed off.

It says to me that two previous Albion activists have gone in two directions. One maintains his credibility & the other is a waste of time as he's in bed with the club too much

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that Harty is getting unfair stick about this. He is still a staunch supporter, he is npot in DK pocket and he genuinely believes that MA will turn it round as indeed do Io get off of his back.

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
Harty expresses HIS opinions on a radio programme, by doing such he will expect criticism from people who disagree with what he is saying. That is a sure given when in the public domain.
Being blind enough to stare facts in the face is upto him, but the way most people see the current affairs, are that we are not looking quite the ticket. 2 wins at home all season is utter tripe. I would like nothing more than for Micky to pull us out of this mess me find ourselves in. However time is against us, and before you know it, its too late. We will be in the basement of the football league if we carry on this form. And if anyone cannot see that, then you seriously need to ask yourself some questions.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Perhaps its time for Mr Knight to actually go on record with the reasons Dean was sacked to make way for Micky,ive seen the he thought dean had taken the club as far as dick thought he could,wich at the time amused me,but it would be nice for fans to be told the truth of the matter as i simply do not think that was the reason,so basicly a lie,and we as fans have been down that road before and know what happens when you tell 1 lie 100s follow,i very much doubt if Mr Knight will ever explain why.

Im not one for personal attacks and cant blame Mr hart for his staunch support of Micky of whom by the way i still hope does not get the sack,but the table at this time of the season does not lie,and something has to give,relegation for us at this vital stage of the clubs future would be disastrous,would be backers and sponsers would no doubt have second thoughts of investment,which are vital for the funding of the stadium,scary times indeed. Excuse the spelling gaffs,long day :bla:

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
For me two things stick out from that clip:

1. John was 100% spot on and it was great to hear it coming from someone so close to Dick Knight. I'm not Attila's biggest fan either (can't stand the poetry), but you can't fault his love for the Albion and he speaks the truth. I hope this is the final nail in Micky's coffin at Brighton, though it could just harden Knight's resolve

2. Harty is now an utter waste of space and is pointless. He's lost any credibility as an alleged voice of the fans. He isn't objective in any way - he'll stick with Adams whatever happens. Crap quotations like "it's not rubbish" (not what everyone else says) & "make it positive" (why should he make it positive... he's rightly pissed off.

It says to me that two previous Albion activists have gone in two directions. One maintains his credibility & the other is a waste of time as he's in bed with the club too much
:thumbsup:

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Perhaps its time for Mr Knight to actually go on record with the reasons Dean was sacked to make way for Micky,ive seen the he thought dean had taken the club as far as dick thought he could,wich at the time amused me,but it would be nice for fans to be told the truth of the matter as i simply do not think that was the reason,so basicly a lie,and we as fans have been down that road before and know what happens when you tell 1 lie 100s follow,i very much doubt if Mr Knight will ever explain why.

Im not one for personal attacks and cant blame Mr hart for his staunch support of Micky of whom by the way i still hope does not get the sack,but the table at this time of the season does not lie,and something has to give,relegation for us at this vital stage of the clubs future would be disastrous,would be backers and sponsers would no doubt have second thoughts of investment,which are vital for the funding of the stadium,scary times indeed. Excuse the spelling gaffs,long day :bla:
What annoys me more, it not so much what he did, rather how he did it.

After Wilkins dared question his Lordship, it was over for him.

I know Micky was approached as early as February, some know he was approached in January, so I think Wilkins' fate was sealed as soon as he questioned Knight. I'm not defending Wilkins, I'm not familair with what was said, but what really annoys me is that they, Knight and Adams, allowed Wilikins to sit down and release a number of players, knowing full well he was getting sacked a few days later.

It also annoys me that Micky Adams publically stated that he wanted Wilkins and Chapman to stay, when in fact both of them were not offered jobs and were not wanted on the staff.

Both of which I could have lived with if I supported any other team, but its the fact that we have a Chairman and manager who are laying out of their arses to us, and after what happened with Cuntox and his MP pet, I don't think its acceptable for the chairman and manager to try and pull the wool over everyones eyes on such a major issue.

If Adams had done well, fine there would have been not nearly so much grief, but when you shit on people from a height, plan B has got to work, and I like many other supporters knew from day one Micky Adams back at the Albion was never going to work out.

The sooner Adams goes the sooner this club can get back on track. Because I said it before, 4-1 odds on relagation is the most generous they are going to get, and unless Adams goes, we're down.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
. Harty is now an utter waste of space and is pointless. He's lost any credibility as an alleged voice of the fans. He isn't objective in any way - he'll stick with Adams whatever happens. Crap quotations like "it's not rubbish" (not what everyone else says) & "make it positive" (why should he make it positive... he's rightly pissed off.

I think that is a totally unjust and incorrect summing up of Harty.

I agree with his view that MA will see us improve and that there is virtually no possibility of a new manager coming in or indeed is needed.

I am however able to post and say exactly what I want but I wonder is Harty?

Have the BBC imposed certain conditions on what he is permitted to do and say following the incident last year? Harty has called for DK to appear on his phone in many times in the past and perhaps now is the time for him to appear on the phone in to stand up and becounted and perhaps put the supporters minds at rest rather than have them continually slagging off one of their most heard voices.

BALDISBEAUTIFUL

Apr 4, 2004
Brighton
Well said John, thank god you got on air. I cannot believe how biased Harty is, Mansfield was a poor game, but were getting poor games every week. The past is gone and we must look to the future and if DK, MA and IH cant see the problems, then we are doomed to Div 4.
PS Micky and Dean cut out the bullshit excuses, we can see through them.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Well said John, thank god you got on air. I cannot believe how biased Harty is, Mansfield was a poor game, but were getting poor games every week. The past is gone and we must look to the future and if DK, MA and IH cant see the problems, then we are doomed to Div 4.
PS Micky and Dean cut out the bullshit excuses, we can see through them.

As I said I am not sure that it is Harty being biased more a case of constraints imposed by the BBC, perhaps he will come on here and lead us in the right direction.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
JB was 100% right and justified in what he said. It isn't rocket science and most fans with half a degree of common sense can see the same as John.

IH has had a brain transplant this season and has lost all sight of reasoning since the return of the chosen one. Sadly the chosen one is leading his flock over a cliff and IH seems happy to think there is nothing wrong and will probably find some way of blaming someone else when they hit the bottom.

Spot On!!

We want the Old MA back, the one who after the defeat at Scunthorpe got the players back in at 10.00 after getting back at 3.30 in the morning, not the one who wants to give them a f***ing cuddle!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here