Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joey Barton

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
We all know he's an idiot, but did anyone else watch some of the 'tackles' that Karl Henry of Wolves put in on him. Brilliant old fashion football.....I thought those days were past.

Well done to him for not reacting as well:clap:

[yt]yc84l_vpyu8[/yt]

(crappy clip. sorry about that)

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Henry is a thug and should have been sent off 3 times.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Joey Barton may be a twat, but fair play to him for taking those tackles from Henry on the chin, so to speak. One as good as knocked him out cold yet he just got on with it. From the highlights I saw, Henry was very lucky to stay on the field during that match.

Joe Pineapples

Mar 28, 2010
Brighton
Disgusting stuff from Wolves in that game. They clearly had a gameplan to go out and nobble Barton, Carroll and a couple other players, either to remove them from the game due to injury or getting them to react.

Full credit to Barton, he held it together and didn't boil over.

The referee was a f***ing disgrace.

Joe Pineapples

Mar 28, 2010
Brighton
Also, f*** Shearer and Hansen for chortling away and having a jolly good laugh at some appalling behaviour from "professional" footballers.

MOTD punditry is worthless.

Sergei Gotsmanov

Russian international
Jun 3, 2007
Hove
Agree....it was disgusting and Barton did very well to stay calm....maybe he has learned his lesson after all. I was actually willing him to dish it out and give some back to the dirty wolves players. Then Mick McCarthy had the cheek to it was 50/50 and Newcastle were makingh bad tackles as well.....if they were they certainly werent shown on MOTD.....what a twat.

brunts09

Jan 8, 2010
first time i've seen this. The tackles looked like they were going in to injure a player rather than win the ball. For me this is the kind of thing that should be reviewed after a game and punishments handed out!

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
Joey Barton has a great season and looks as if he has out grown his former fuggish ways, he even looks as if he is enjoying his football and I reckon the morale in the Newcastle camp is at its highest it has been In a long time.

If he keeps it up, I reckon he and also Carroll should both be considered for England call ups.

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
It was clearly Mick McCarthy's team orders to get a reaction (and red card) from him. C'mon - its not that bad, he's handed it out often enough. Fair play to him for not reacting.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Studs up trying to break his leg. Yeah whats the fuss all about ?.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Well done to him for not reacting most if not all would have kicked out having been battered for 90 minutes, some of the tackles were a disgrace

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
not that different from greers red vs rochdale, except greer got his handbag out whereas barton kept his cool

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
Well done to him for not reacting most if not all would have kicked out having been battered for 90 minutes, some of the tackles were a disgrace

Not like he doesn't deserve what he gets though, is it?

Rival teams are going to have interest in his temper, and he does know it judging by his rant at Mick McCarthy.

If his reactions stay subdued and he doesn't lash out, I'd say he's making a better case for himself by playing good football and staying on the pitch

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Not like he doesn't deserve what he gets though, is it?
Rival teams are going to have interest in his temper, and he does know it judging by his rant at Mick McCarthy.

If his reactions stay subdued and he doesn't lash out, I'd say he's making a better case for himself by playing good football and staying on the pitch

surely by now the bloke deserves a chance, yes he was a bell end but as a human being he should be given the benefit of the doubt by now?

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
I have had no time for Barton and considered him to be a thug and unable to change his ways,but it was obvious that he was being targetted and can only admire his disipline and congratulate him on not reacting to the many fouls on him.

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
We all know he's an idiot, but did anyone else watch some of the 'tackles' that Karl Henry of Wolves put in on him. Brilliant old fashion football.....I thought those days were past.

Well done to him for not reacting as well:clap:

[yt]yc84l_vpyu8[/yt]

(crappy clip. sorry about that)

Totally agree with you fella. I despise Barton for his antics as a footballer, but i cant help having this slight admiration for the way he kept his head and didnt react to the wolves tactics. :bowdown:
and must admit its been a long time since i have seen tackles like that in a game!

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
I hope Wolves get relegated, no talent thugs managed by the donkey's donkey, disgraceful tactics. Nothing wrong with a good old fashioned robust blood and guts tackle a la The Tank or Kevin Beatie for example, but Henry (the captain ffs) was going for the (or rather a particular) man over and over again.
the ref should take a break too, spineless twat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here