Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joey Barton

Elegia

Jan 4, 2007
Also, f*** Shearer and Hansen for chortling away and having a jolly good laugh at some appalling behaviour from "professional" footballers.

MOTD punditry is worthless.

Agreed, what a pair of cnuts, had Barton been dishing out those tackles they would have both been calling him a disgrace.

But given Barton's firey nature he didn't react at all and seemed to relish in it. He deserves a lot of credit for being the type of guy that is honest enough to take it and not act like he has just been gunned down by machine gun fire.

Imagine the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo being tackled like that, he would have rolled round the pitch ten times while waving the imaginary red card.

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
Agreed, what a pair of cnuts, had Barton been dishing out those tackles they would have both been calling him a disgrace.

But given Barton's firey nature he didn't react at all and seemed to relish in it. He deserves a lot of credit for being the type of guy that is honest enough to take it and not act like he has just been gunned down by machine gun fire.

Imagine the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo being tackled like that, he would have rolled round the pitch ten times while waving the imaginary red card.

While we're speaking about honesty - all the tackles against him were just the other player going in hard for the ball, otherwise the ref would have been issuing yellows for them.
Barton has done more than his share of cynical fouling...for instance;

[yt]Wlz5tO1F9JI[/yt]

[yt]ZkBfsNlBEaY[/yt]

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
Don't really get why people enjoy football like that to be honest. Some of those tackles were shocking and had very little to do with winning the ball. I'd watch rugby if I was into that kind of thing.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Don't really get why people enjoy football like that to be honest. Some of those tackles were shocking and had very little to do with winning the ball. I'd watch rugby if I was into that kind of thing.
I remember watching Danny Cullip taking out the ball, player and advertising hoardings up at Mansfield a few years back (the night Rod Thomas was sent off for headbutting). Different people like different things I suppose, I enjoy the crunching tackles as much as the sublime goals.....I was a defender though (when I played at a very low level many years ago!!!) which could explain it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here