Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joel ward

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Oh, and having bad players is what causes you to fall out of the division. We have been in the Championship/Premiership consistently for the last 35 years. Our squad now is better than our squad for a large number of those years.

We have nothing to worry about next season. Some of your own fans on here have even said that we are more likely to be at the top than at the bottom, and earlier on some of you were even tipping us for the playoffs!

I appreciate that you feel it's your job to be anti-Palace because you're a propa nawty Brighton boy, but that doesn't mean you can't appreciate a good signing in Joel Ward, the fantastic academy setup we have at the club, and the bright future we're moving into :)

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
So basically you support Palace but don't actually go or know much about them.

Err... no. I've got a season ticket and I missed two home games last season, and I went to about half the away games. I'm not a fanatic, but I go to the majority of games.

I also sometimes make mistakes.

So basically, you are a cock.

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
Yeah and if your Uncle had tits you would have been in the playoffs :lolol:

You really are a sad ****. I can smell the fear in you, you know deep down we have some fantastic talent. Mark my words, with 2 or 3 decent new signings and more luck with injuries this year, we will be top 6.

sharpey38

Aug 4, 2011
Denton
Zaha is nowhere near as good as what Ashley Young was at Watford. He went to Villa for £9.5mil.

IMO Zaha would be lucky to go for more than 4 million. Dunk will end up going for not a lot less than what Zaha goes for.

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
Zaha is nowhere near as good as what Ashley Young was at Watford. He went to Villa for £9.5mil.

IMO Zaha would be lucky to go for more than 4 million. Dunk will end up going for not a lot less than what Zaha goes for.

Wanna bet?

We do not average 13k. We averaged 15k last season. The season before we averaged 15.5k. The season before that we averaged 15k. Our home support has remained fairly constant at just above 15k for a while now. When we are in the Premiership we get 25k.

Over 15k at home is NOT poor support. After all, you got promoted from League 1 with an average of about 7000. In the years below that it was around 6000.

I'm not sure what you think gives you a right to criticize our attendances when we've been tripling yours for most of the last two decades.

Unfortunately you do actually average about 13k as you count non attending season ticket holders as present plus your home attendances are bolstered by large number of away fans - saints 6k, Leeds & West ham 4.5 k etc. (Brightons max is 2.5k)

In the Prem you averaged 24k, 22k, 15, & 15.5k. which is poor compared to others.

Unless you haven't noticed we played in stadiums of capacitys of under 8k for most of the last two decades - and in lower leagues. Yet put us in the same league and with a similar sized stadium and we considerably out perform you in attendance.

You will be one of the lowest average home attendance clubs in the Championship next season and I should imagine your league position will reflect it. You are in a bracket with Peterboro, Barnsley, Bristol City, Millwall & Watford.

Sitch

Jul 3, 2011
You really are a sad ****. I can smell the fear in you, you know deep down we have some fantastic talent. Mark my words, with 2 or 3 decent new signings and more luck with injuries this year, we will be top 6.

What including Zaha and Clyne leaving, and overpaid Ambrose as well as Murray who was meant to be a star summer signing and turned out to be a flop for you as you didn't play to his strengths.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
See that's where you all lose the plot. Rodriguez scored 21 goals this year, he is showing that he's a good player and while £7m is a lot, he's done something to justify a high price.

Zaha contributed nowhere near that yet amount but is supposedly twice as good? Zaha is currently a show pony, if he does get an end product and learns to do something with the ball rather than just tricks, then he may well go on to be worth that, but a lot of people show the early signs of promise and go on to a long career in the lower leagues. Of course the staff at the club will keep bigging him up in order to keep his supposed transfer value up

Jay Rodriguez is 22. Wilfried Zaha is 19. Despite a massive (in young footballing terms) age gap of three years of development in Championship football, Rodriguez scored 21 goals and Zaha got 10. However, Rodriguez played as a striker in a Burnley team that finished higher in the table than we did. Zaha played as a winger, and so obviously wouldn't be expected to score that many goals.

Seeing as Rodriguez has played twice as much football as Wilf has in his career, and is a striker in a team that finished higher in the League, I don't think that he's a better player or a better potential talent than Wilf.

sharpey38

Aug 4, 2011
Denton

that confident? if you finish 7th or lower you have to buy a Brighton shirt and wear it in the home end at Palace for the following season

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
What including Zaha and Clyne leaving, and overpaid Ambrose as well as Murray who was meant to be a star summer signing and turned out to be a flop for you as you didn't play to his strengths.

I have heard nothing about Zaha leaving, and even if he were to leave we would add £10m to our budget. Ambrose isn't overpaid, he was our top scorer last year, and has asked for a new contract. Murray was a good signing and didn't cost us a penny.

What - exactly - is your point?

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
that confident? if you finish 7th or lower you have to buy a Brighton shirt and wear it in the home end at Palace for the following season

I wouldn't go that far, but I'd say it's quite likely we'll be at least in the top 10 next season.

Sitch

Jul 3, 2011
I have heard nothing about Zaha leaving, and even if he were to leave we would add £10m to our budget. Ambrose isn't overpaid, he was our top scorer last year, and has asked for a new contract. Murray was a good signing and didn't cost us a penny.

Zaha will probably leave let's face it. £10million? f***ing hell you're having a laugh aren't you ? Even if he was sold for that amount, it wouldn't all go into your transfer budget, deary f***ing me Nigel.

No more Groupon then ?

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011

£10 mill to your budget? £10 mill off your debt maybe :) When was last time you lot had a £10mill budget, about 5 minutes before you went into administration for the 55th time?

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
The beauty of our obviously disgraceful 17th place finish last year is that it means mugs like you write us off. As other Palace fans have said, we lost a host of key players at the same time with 8 weeks still to play and our season petered out. Try taking Greer, Vincente, Bridcutt and CMS out of your side all at the same time and let's see how you do! Next year we will be able to field a very decent looking first eleven that should be backed up by a better and more in depth squad, our young players like Zaha and Williams will be a year older and more experienced. Injuries aside, our biggest weakness last year was upfront but Parish had said this year that that will be addressed as a priority. If we can get a striker in who has 15+ goals in them then we will be a force despite what you think.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
The beauty of our obviously disgraceful 17th place finish last year is that it means mugs like you write us off. As other Palace fans have said, we lost a host of key players at the same time with 8 weeks still to play and our season petered out. Try taking Greer, Vincente, Bridcutt and CMS out of your side all at the same time and let's see how you do! Next year we will be able to field a very decent looking first eleven that should be backed up by a better and more in depth squad, our young players like Zaha and Williams will be a year older and more experienced. Injuries aside, our biggest weakness last year was upfront but Parish had said this year that that will be addressed as a priority. If we can get a striker in who has 15+ goals in them then we will be a force despite what you think.

You forgot our shiny new stadium, compared to your Ben Gazi!

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011

They know this. Their only solution is to say that we must be selling all our players to "balance our debts".

What they conveniently forget to remember is that thanks to administration, we are completely DEBT FREE :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here