Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Joel Veltman

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
He's my young son's new favourite player.

We have quite a history of fan favourites at RB.
Obviously, neither of the current two will displace El Capitan from my heart (or even Calde)
But it's really astonishing how we've managed to get 2 players in playing the same role, both of whom have been so impressive.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
How did we snaffle this guy? Gets better and better and seems to be loving playing in the Potter system.

If you want to nit-pick he got slightly out of position and was outjumped for the header that set up Che Adams for their goal, but more than made up for that with the reverse ball to the Llama to set up our second. Must give the boys in the centre so much confidence to have a player that is so positionally astute out on the right.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
We have about seven plausible candidates for POTS.

With 10 games to go and Joel in terrific form, he's coming into the conversation

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
We have about seven plausible candidates for POTS.

With 10 games to go and Joel in terrific form, he's coming into the conversation

He's already in mine. I was leaning towards Webster, his injury (as Solly's) at an unfortunate time for more than POTS reasons obv.

As for others, Bissouma not great of late, Lallana not enough game time, Trossard and MacA not consistent enough.

I think I have him in a 3 horse race with Dunk and Sanchez although likely missed someone obv (White could sneak in)

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Agree has been outstanding However very poor effort in defending there goal. Did very good job at left sided CB . Couldnt understand how with our new WB having few defensive qualities why Southampton didnt concentrate down the right. He is clearly two footed and surprised has not replaced Burn on that side.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Agree has been outstanding However very poor effort in defending there goal. Did very good job at left sided CB . Couldnt understand how with our new WB having few defensive qualities why Southampton didnt concentrate down the right. He is clearly two footed and surprised has not replaced Burn on that side.

Yes weak challenge that led to their equaliser - but I will forgive him that because of his excellent efforts in previous games and the fact that we won.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
He's already in mine. I was leaning towards Webster, his injury (as Solly's) at an unfortunate time for more than POTS reasons obv.

As for others, Bissouma not great of late, Lallana not enough game time, Trossard and MacA not consistent enough.

I think I have him in a 3 horse race with Dunk and Sanchez although likely missed someone obv (White could sneak in)

The worrying thing is each time a player looks nailed on to be POTS he gets a major injury

Lamptey----March-----Webster------please nobody else

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here