Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Joel Veltman

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He was left sided CB tonight I THINK. Stood out for me time and time again. Just won so many duals. Class player. Nasty shiner - guess that was from Saints game rather than training!

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
I thought he struggled a bit in the first half of the season, but I’ve been proved wrong and he’s become a real asset, particularly since Lamptey has been injured. To recruit someone of his class demonstrates that we have a very credible recruitment strategy- can only bode well for the future.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Another great performance and his calmness and experience settled Moder (who was also good) I’m sure.

Like to see Joel and Jacob on the left vs United

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Not only is he solid defensively, he sees and delivers the killer pass.

Great signing

I mentioned it on another thread, but it's the way he manages to get a forward pass from situations where he's under pressure and the obvious pass is backwards.
He does it time and time again.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
We have quite a history of fan favourites at RB.
Obviously, neither of the current two will displace El Capitan from my heart (or even Calde)
But it's really astonishing how we've managed to get 2 players in playing the same role, both of whom have been so impressive.

If you could combine Veltman and Lamptey you would have a 60 million pound player.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
One of those players who could play any where. Just a wonderful player- mixture of physical attributes and supreme footballing intelligent. Love the guy.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Dunk Player Of Season for me, Biss a close second but Veltman is a class act, so versatile, such a good pro.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Class, has he actually been picked in his best position yet, and still a contender for POTS!

In fairness I think his better position is actually right back. I think he has played there as often as centre back.
Regardless of that fact, he could play in just about any position and be a valuable member of the team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here