Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joel Lynch

westy

Jul 25, 2003
I cant see why we shouldnt want anything less than 1.5 to 2 Milliion. Isnt that what the lad at Luton went to westbrom for? Dont see why Joel should go on the cheap when he has so much potential....

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Kinky Gerbils said:
Curtis Davis had been playing in the Championship tho.
He played 6 games in the Championship before West Brom snapped him up.

westy

Jul 25, 2003
Curtis Davis did indeed play in the Champ, but everyone can see JL could do the same surely and maybe higher?!!....

Last edited:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Looks better than McShane.....not convinced!

a few good games at left back last season, but some equally bad ones.

Has had a very solid start to this season at centre back, but you have to remember that we're playing in League 1, and the strikers are hardly inspiring. Good player? Yes. But if either clubs come in with solid bids for him it'd make sense to sell - defence is by far the strongest area we have, with promising youngsters, Butters and Hinsh yet to return, and a loan signing who hasn't even played yet!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
He's up there with McShane. I've been very impressed with him this season.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Buzza said:
He's up there with McShane. I've been very impressed with him this season.

But McShane was consistent over a WHOLE season in the Championship.

Lynch has had 3 good games in League 1.

???

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Worrying thing is Lynch has made no secret of the fact he sees us as a stepping stone to a big club. Which in a way I quite like. He has ambition and you know where you stand with him.
Personally I think he's the best defender we've produced by a margin.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I hope we will reject anything otehr than a silly offer until at least Xmas, and then if we are doing well till the end of the season.

If he goes I fear so will any hopes we have of the play offs!

Stumpy Tim

ChapmansThe Saviour said:
It would be nice to keep him but if they are gonna offer upwards of 250k I can't see us turning it down, which would be a massive shame.

We need to invest in the future and I hope the board does their best to resist any bids for him.

250k! I would say we would turn down anything less than 1.5m... there's no way he's going for less than Virgo. We are a selling club, but we're not so urgently in need of cash that we sell our best young player for that little.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Albion Dan said:
IIf he goes I fear so will any hopes we have of the play offs!

Yes, well that is a pluto-esque type hope it's so distant.

Silly money it must be, there's no point in him going anywhere at the moment, he's more or less guarenteed himself a game at the moment, and it's good for his career, although he must know that.

However, if we do get offered stupid money, and I'm talking 2M upwards, then maybe we have to think about it very seriously.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Rich Suvner said:
what a shit deal that'd be for us - not of the same quality at all

If you want the playing side to benefit from Joel going its the only way swapping is the only way cause any cash we get is going down a bottomless pit to pay the Falmer lawyers ect

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
vulture said:
Daily star todya reports that Westham and Watford are ready for big bids to land Lynch before the transfer window shuts:nono: :nono:

The same paper which said the police arrested 50 terrorists the other day:D

Last edited:

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
FalmerforAll!** said:
We haven't even made a song for him yet:(
You don't sit/stand anywhere near Crispies then, obviously.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'd hope that the club management could convince Lynch to stay for the whole of this season on the basis that they will not stand in his way if he seeks a move next summer.

They should use Harding and Ashton as examples, i.e. Harding went too early and now plys his trade with bottom club Ipswich, Dean Ashton learned his trade with Crewe, gets big move, scores in Cup Final, gets called up for England.

If the club sell before the end of the season I'll be REALLY pissed off with them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here