Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joel Lynch

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If this is true and Gus is thinking of playing 3 at the back, I'd say it sounds like he is thinking slightly more attack minded midfield, which leaves me thinking he could be well be quite positive of Vicente coming back.
Or is that me being too optimistic ?

Nobody knows if he is but this is just my interpretation of the possibility of Lynch coming back. and could be complete bo...ks I think Noone came on in at least 1 game as a wing back possibly against Burnley when we were down to 9 men.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Rumours at forest are that Lynch is coming home,personaly i think our defence is fine,we need strikers that can score on a regular basis with a few hattrics thrown in

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The goals would come with a line up of

....................................GK..................................
.................Greer.......El Abd...............Lynch...........
Calderon........................................................Reyes
.................................Bridcutt................................
..............Vicente.....................Buckley/Lua Lua/Noone
..............................CMS..............Barnes/Buckley/Hoskins

obviously Buckley playing either alongside CMS or Vicente

Last edited:

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I wasn't keen on the way he over celebrated his goal against us but then again, I was a bit bolloxed after supping some blow your brains out cider @the vat & fiddle near Nottingham Station before the game! £2:70 a pint...... thank you very much!!

Was pretty impressed by him in that match, although their last minute equaliser was gutting.

Would love to have him back in the stripes, and hope it's not Palace he is signing for.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
My son supports Forest (I know,the shame!) and he didn't rate Lynch at all before season just gone.We were both quite impressed with him after the Brighton match and I think he would be a good signing.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol

.................................Vicente.....................Buckley/Lua Lua/Noone

Not going to happen.
It's also a far more defensive line up.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

.................................Vicente.....................Buckley/Lua Lua/Noone

Calde will be busy!

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Must be a new fan then if you never knew Lynch's ability.

I thought Lynch was quality for us but at times he did think he was better then the rest of the players, his potential was bigger then us at the time but for now he'd be much better then what we've got, I'd have Lynch back.

Moved to England to watch Brighton August last year, before that I listened to game on seagulls player.

Last edited:

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
No thanks. Didn't rate him as a player and Butters confirmed the attitude problem one of which the manifestations was being pissed in the Eastbourne pub/club areas giving it the the 'big I am' on far to regular a basis for a young pro.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Definitely a player Gus would appreciate as he can play a bit... CB his best position tho'...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
No thanks. Didn't rate him as a player and Butters confirmed the attitude problem one of which the manifestations was being pissed in the Eastbourne pub/club areas giving it the the 'big I am' on far to regular a basis for a young pro.

Years ago... give the guy a break...

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.

Are all footballers expected to act like a mature a sensible 30 year old from the moment they make their first team debut?

Come on, plenty of us were giving it the "big I am" at that age, it's just what you do. I'm sure plenty of growing up has gone on in the last few years.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
In fairness "never go back" is good advice much more often than not although we usually think of it in the context of not going back for a second bite of the cherry at a place where you had success. Not entirely sure that bit applies to Joel in fairness. He did okay but spoiled it rather.....................

Still don't think that moving back to Brighton is likely to equate to actually playing for us although based on the two games I saw last season I think he has developed as a player and certainly wouldn't say no to him.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Steve Foster and Jimmy Case also made decent returns for us in the twilight of their career.

The difference being Lynch was just a kid when he left and certainly no club legend.

He'd also be returning to an entirely different club in every way. And don't forget, Gus signs the right person as well as the right player. If he is coming back he's clearly grown up and lost the attitude most of us have as teenagers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here