Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joe Mattock

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Need to tie him up to a perm contract ASAP... best LB we have by a country mile (sorry Marcos)...

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Says in the argus WBA have used an option in his current contract to extend a further year, could this be to get a transfer fee from us instead of letting him go on a free?

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Yep, deffo best loanee. Intelligent, skillful, probably too good for the championship (which is why I dont think we'll get him).

He hasn't even got a look in a WBA and their fans don't rate him. Which is great news because I think he's looked class! When him, LuaLua and Vicente have played down that left flank I think we've looked very dangerous! I would love to see these three played many more times next season!

Mackerboy

Sep 20, 2011
Yeah get him on a decent contract as is better than anything we have had in long time at left back.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Isn't that what we should be doing with Vicente?

It seems that Gus being a former footballer, puts the footballers first and tries to make the best decisions for them.

In particular, there would be no point keeping an unhappy Vicente here if he wanted to go home to raise his child in Spain. He would hardly play I expect.

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
Sign him up Gus, easily the best loan player that has come in so far. Constant performer, wouldn't be surprised if there are some other clubs looking at him, but hopefully if Gus wants him, he'll sign.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
It seems that Gus being a former footballer, puts the footballers first and tries to make the best decisions for them.

In particular, there would be no point keeping an unhappy Vicente here if he wanted to go home to raise his child in Spain. He would hardly play I expect.

On the other hand. We have probably invested a lot of money in him very a few hours of playing time. Next season would be a reasonable return on that investment. If he chooses to go, it would only be because higher ranked clubs want him - let them pay us for our investment in him.

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
Would love to see the move made perminant, Painter is far to slow and would be better off in div 1. Vincelot is capable of playing left back, so no need to keep Painter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here