Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joe Mattock

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Other than Vicente who we all desperately want to stay, equally I think we need to sign up Mattock as soon as we can.

He's on a free isn't he?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Mattock looks like a no brainer to me. He's looked very solid for us, has a history of regularly playing in The Championship, but WBA loan him back out to the Championship when they reach the Prem. They clearly don't rate him as a Premiership player, so why would they try to get him to sign a new contract, as they must be feeling quite secure in the Prem now.

He looks like a Championship version of Marcos Painter.

:thumbsup:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
would be a top signing :) please Gus , pleeeeeeeeasse

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
This is a deal that needs to be completed quickly. I hope we don't leave it too late to tie things up.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
This is a deal that needs to be completed quickly. I hope we don't leave it too late to tie things up.

Completely agree! Our season was on track for the play-offs, until his "Mystery Injury" We went slightly to pieces when he wasn't in the team!

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Yes we should sign mattock defo can we add a clause to his contract that him or his misses aint allowed to shave his balls during the footy season or get that opera singer to wax each player 48 hours before kick off???

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
I personally think he is our best left back for many a year, cant think of one to rival him.

Needs to be signed ASAP.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
He should definitely be signed. easily a championship quality full back. This is an opportunity to fill a key need very early on before we get involved in the whole GK, CM, CF malarkey later on.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Hopefully we'll get to keep him, quality player and easily the best full back at the club (would say left-back but feels cruel to compare Painter with him).

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Quality left back and he should be high on our priority list. Get it done Gus.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
He looks like a Championship version of Marcos Painter.
For me, he's everything Jim McNulty promised to be before his injury (although slightly more moderate with the step-overs). Great attacking instincts, knows when to drive into the space ahead, and when to cut inside and draw players out of position. Also defensively sound. Looks very, very comfortable at this level - hopefully we'll snap him up sharpish.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here