Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joe Mattock - What the hell happened to your 'Pompey pledge'?

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I know a lot of LCFC fans, been told by one today this of Joe.

"Decent player will do a great job if he settles in but an unloyal knobhead who was in court for assault. I think he's a penis. But that's just my (and most LCFC fans) opinions."

Lol.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here

"Decent player will do a great job if he settles in but an unloyal knobhead who was in court for assault. I think he's a penis. But that's just my (and most LCFC fans) opinions."

Lol.

He couldn't wait to get away from LCFC because he had a row with someone there (chairman? chief exec?) and was vvv pleased and said so when he got his transfer to WBA - hence the dust up in a Leicester club with Leicester fans (silly to go out clubbing in the town of the team you've just publicly dissed) - I thinks thats basically the story.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

Lol.

don't know much about him tbh, but it looks he promised Appleton he would go back to Pompey and that he wouldn't play for anyone else in the champsionship, before bailing and joining us at the 11th hour.

"Joe Mattock has insisted Pompey are the only Championship club he will join on loan"

"But the left-back has told Michael Appleton Pompey are the only Championship club for him"

never mind Appleton........

Smart Lad that Mattock!!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
While WBA continue to guarantee the player's wages as they are contractually obliged to do, the deal with Pompey as with us is that the borrowing club pay a proportion of the players'wages (sometimes directly). There are two reasons to let a player go on loan - one to get them games and the other to get them (partly or fully) off the wage bill. The latter was obviously important to WBA and fair enough.

I suspect Woy might also have taken account of how the player might feel being the only one at a club actually getting paid while the contracted players get nothing - not a nice place to be for anyone I would think.

Obviously a player can refuse a loan move but I suspect it is harder to justify in career terms than refusing a transfer and if you are given the choice between playing in the Championship for whoever, or playing in the stiffs, it must pretty much be a case of beggars can't be choosers. For the reasons stated Pompey weren't even an option in this case.

WildWood

Sep 6, 2011
Chichester

Lol.

I asked my Leicester supporting mate the same question & got an almost identical response!! In short - disloyal & he punches women......!

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
So he could be making his debut against them on saturday, nice reception from the away fans no doubt.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I asked my Leicester supporting mate the same question & got an almost identical response!! In short - disloyal & he punches women......!

Whilst not condoning punching women...I wonder ?, was it the slapper in the black ???

:jester:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/great-matches/mattock_pledges_pompey_loan_commitment_1_3469651

Never mind Joe, you made the right choice with a much bigger south coast club in a much nicer city :lolol:

Reading the comments at the end of that article gives an insight into why so many people actually hope Pompey go to the wall. They are either stupid or in denial as they don't seem to grasp how their problems have moved beyond who they sign or sell and they don't seem to care/want to admit just how precarious their future is.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
He will fit in well with our little ANGELS :) probably heard the stories and thought thats the place for me.

saslowi

Feb 2, 2009
He was 19 at the time of the assault charge and being given a load of shite from some arseholes. A bit of an idiot but understandable.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Was trying to find out a bit about the assault charge and discovered that during his first loan spell at Pompey his first match was again Leicester. Coincidence is a funny thing.

1964FOX

Sep 12, 2011
I have mentioned it on another thread but what you are hearing about Mr Mattock is true. He is a very good player or at least he was at Leicester, not sure if he's improved since he left us but showed a lot of promise.
He fault is his personality, he's not going to get into mensa and he did hit a girl. Having a pop at your own fans and saying "do you know who I am" when in night clubs don't help. Hopefully he has grown up a bit but sadly knowing him I don't think he will have.
Yes he will get abuse if he plays and we have a few individual songs for him, fate sees to play him against us on debuts. We really don't like him and that's unusual for us as we ar very good with former players as I've even known us sing and chant for former players straight after they have scored against us so that might tell you something about him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here