Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joe Gatting

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Col P said:
Gatting will turn out to be a great player needs another season trust me have seen loads of flops and this lad is not going to be one of them

Well said.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm a long, long way from convinced that Gatting will be a "great" player for us. There's a prodigeous gap between youth/reserve and first team football, and too many times this season Gatting struggled to look average - in fact at times he barely looked interested.

Hope he proves me wrong, cos at the moment we are fairly woeful in the striking dept.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I'll go for a twin striking partnership of Joe Gatting & Brian The Snail :thumbsup:

"Quick one-TWO Joe!" :lol:

magicroundaboutbrianpt2.jpg

Last edited:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Withdean Wanderer said:
No, but 'he looked good against Crawley'
:lolol:

Nah! Were you there?

stig

I hate Tim and Matty B
Mar 27, 2007
flinders
el-abd lynch rents
hart bertin cox
gatting elder revell robinson

end of the season lets ATTACK

Padders

Jul 5, 2003
Cheadle Hulme
Seems odd to me that people are willing to give Elder a chance,a nd yet write off Gatting so quickly.

From what I have seen of Gatting he gets in the right position to score goals and looks confident.

Haven't seen much of Elder, but from what I have seen he looks very raw. He had a chance at Swansea inside the six yard box and never looked like putting it away. But as I said he looks raw and I wouldn't write him off yet. He needs time to develop and increase his confidence.

Unfortunately with our fans that's exactly what you wont get, time to develop.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Gatting can be a great player, he is young and was thrust into the side due to his great scorng level in he Youth side. Thus bypassing the reserves.

Give him a chance, I watch him regulary score for fun in the reserves and he is a poacher of the highest quality.

I am sure he opens the batting for Preston Nomads with his dad, did anyone else see him come on as 12th man for sussex the other year at Arundel. The only person I may ever see play for Albion and Sussex.

Hope Dean gets the best out of him and he gets on a first team scoring run.

Horsham Gull

H Block Offender
Dec 4, 2006
Horsham
Gatting, the Reserves' top scorer with 14, has not started a first team match since February and has 4 league goals this season from those starts.

Where as Nathan Elder has only 10 goals for the reserves and 0 league goals.

I guess the reserves game tonight against Wycombe will decide it.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Gully no 1 said:
Gatting, the Reserves' top scorer with 14, has not started a first team match since February and has 4 league goals this season from those starts.

Where as Nathan Elder has only 10 goals for the reserves and 0 league goals.

I guess the reserves game tonight against Wycombe will decide it.

Why not start with Gatting and Elder on Saturday? They seem to have a good partnership going at reserve level and Revell is playing with a Hernia.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Gatting DOES look slow, but so did Bob Latchford, and he scored hatfuls in the top flight... he looks the best of a poor bunch...

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Sherringham was never fast and he was international class. Gatting needs at least another season before anyone will truly know if hes good enough. He only came out of the youth team last season and has only a handful of starts in 1st team football.

Most folk round here havent got a clue when it comes to emerging players and are far happier slaging players off.

People didnt rate CKR now a prem regular getting MOTM accolades.
People didnt rate Darius Henderson now a prem squad player and scorer of many Championship goals.
People didnt rate Mark Yeates one of Col Utds best players when they went up.

Sure there are loads of other examples.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here