Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

jobs

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Vulture,

I'm really sorry to hear what you've had to go through in the last few years. Life can be unbelievably difficult to deal with sometimes but what you've had to go through sounds really awful.:( It sounds like you're getting things back on track but it's a long road mate. Take one day at a time.

There's no shame in mental illness or breakdowns, i've had problems since 2005 - mainly through drug use but also being badly let down very painfully by women. Been on benzodiazepine medication for so many years now.

I'm looking for a job at the moment as well but i'm taking some chill out time before then. When you go for your interview, don't mention anything about your mental health. Wait until you've got the job, give it a month or so and then say to the boss that you've had problems in the past. I've never had an employer that's had an issue with it.

Hope everything works out for you buddy and keep your head up. Your kids must think the world of you and love you so much.

Durlston. x

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Is working for BP at another location out of the question?

Mate i know what you are going through and it's hell.

spencer,

i wish mate they got rid of me due to my break down :( i pay the csa just £5 a week but want too work so i can give my kids so much more

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Vulture,

I'm really sorry to hear what you've had to go through in the last few years. Life can be unbelievably difficult to deal with sometimes but what you've had to go through sounds really awful.:( It sounds like you're getting things back on track but it's a long road mate. Take one day at a time.

There's no shame in mental illness or breakdowns, i've had problems since 2005 - mainly through drug use but also being badly let down very painfully by women. Been on benzodiazepine medication for so many years now.

I'm looking for a job at the moment as well but i'm taking some chill out time before then. When you go for your interview, don't mention anything about your mental health. Wait until you've got the job, give it a month or so and then say to the boss that you've had problems in the past. I've never had an employer that's had an issue with it.

Hope everything works out for you buddy and keep your head up. Your kids must think the world of you and love you so much.

Durlston. x

Thanks m8 i am still on 60mg of anti-ds and satins i just wanna work:thumbsup:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
One thing you could definately do is email this lady, Kim from Hays. She organises free training courses. Kim.Piggott@hays.com

I did my CSCS basic training course with them for free. Okay it may not be what you want to do long term but it allows you onto building sites so you can get casual labouring work. The course only lasts a week and the exam at the end is a doddle. I passed mine on wednesdy no problem. It's all just Health and Safety basics.

They also run the SIA course including your First Aid certificate for free and I think they have other courses coming up.

Again, these things may not be a long term solution but they certainly will help in the short term and for free you can't really argue with it. At the end of the courses you can go onto the books at Hays too.

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
manager for BP???

BP are a hinderance to this planet and the human species.....so my sympathy is being stretched.

and being after "any job" is silly, do something you love, and soon money comes. making a living doing something you dont love doing isnt a living....its a dying.

more impoprtantly, try and get off the antidepressents, we have things in our life so we learn from them, not to sedate the symptoms with chemicals.
go for accupunctuire - it will allow you to relieve the blocks and process them :)

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The Ladbrokes open day is today 11am - 2pm, 112 London Road, Brighton or you can call 01243 864810 for a recruitment pack. Good luck.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
manager for BP???

BP are a hinderance to this planet and the human species.....so my sympathy is being stretched.

and being after "any job" is silly, do something you love, and soon money comes. making a living doing something you dont love doing isnt a living....its a dying.

more impoprtantly, try and get off the antidepressents, we have things in our life so we learn from them, not to sedate the symptoms with chemicals.
go for accupunctuire - it will allow you to relieve the blocks and process them :)

I'm sure your kindhearted post and concerns will do wonders for Vulture's confidence.:facepalm:

Good luck Vulture, look to the future and remember you will always be the best dad in the world to your kids.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
thanks :thumbsup: no not ex-wife just employers have a thing about mental illness:facepalm:

Do you have to tell them? I have been on anti depressants for the last 15 months and after lots of tests during that time I have now been diagnosed with post viral fatigue syndrome which is a form of ME.

I have no intention of telling any future employers about this.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Do you have to tell them? I have been on anti depressants for the last 15 months and after lots of tests during that time I have now been diagnosed with post viral fatigue syndrome which is a form of ME.

I have no intention of telling any future employers about this.

im with the surestart gordon browns flagship:facepalm: its crap they tell employers about your illness:shrug:

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
Hi Vulture
Fellow Littlehamptonite here. i really empathise with where you are at. i too had mental health issues following losing my daughter at the hands of her partner. i had a work history of around 20 years in social care and returned to work (p/t plus working tax credit} only to have heart problems in november that have meant i am now off sick and no ideas when that will change. i did get great support from an initiative called Pathways to work, though they may have changed there title now.i was referred to them thru jobcentre. if i come up with any ideas i will PM you mate. i have been both sides of the fence regarding mental health having experienced illness and also worked in the field. take care mate

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
So Vulture, are you free to watch the Albion today? I know you said you have the kids round at weekends so you may not be able to.

A mate who is a STH in North Stand has texted me about a spare one, so I may be able to offer you one in South Stand.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Hi Vulture
Fellow Littlehamptonite here. i really empathise with where you are at. i too had mental health issues following losing my daughter at the hands of her partner. i had a work history of around 20 years in social care and returned to work (p/t plus working tax credit} only to have heart problems in november that have meant i am now off sick and no ideas when that will change. i did get great support from an initiative called Pathways to work, though they may have changed there title now.i was referred to them thru jobcentre. if i come up with any ideas i will PM you mate. i have been both sides of the fence regarding mental health having experienced illness and also worked in the field. take care mate

are they the ones based at dove lodge.Thanks for the kind comments:thumbsup:

rool

Jul 10, 2003
im with the surestart gordon browns flagship:facepalm: its crap they tell employers about your illness:shrug:

That sounds shite :nono: and some form of discrimination I would imagine if they are dismissing your application over your illness.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
So Vulture, are you free to watch the Albion today? I know you said you have the kids round at weekends so you may not be able to.

A mate who is a STH in North Stand has texted me about a spare one, so I may be able to offer you one in South Stand.

thanks m8 but i have my 3 today so cant go but thanks for the very kind offer:thumbsup:

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
That sounds shite :nono: and some form of discrimination I would imagine if they are dismissing your application over your illness.

they have the 2 ticks which means they should not....but we all know what happens in real life.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I have applied for about 8 jobs in the last 6 months, mostly part time work and haven't even managed 1 interview, most did not reply, I also strongly think if you are the wrong side of 45 your application goes directly to the shredder.

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
are they the ones based at dove lodge.Thanks for the kind comments:thumbsup:

i think the dove lodge service is in some way connected but the guy who worked with me was based in brighton and covered this area. i found him very helpful and supportive. the fact he was a seagulls and sharks fan didnt go amiss either :lolol:

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
I have applied for about 8 jobs in the last 6 months, mostly part time work and haven't even managed 1 interview, most did not reply, I also strongly think if you are the wrong side of 45 your application goes directly to the shredder.

im 38 in 2 months not looking good.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
manager for BP???

If you don't have anything positive to say Brunswick then don't say it at all.:wozza:

Firstly, having "any job" is not silly. It pays bills and one of the most important things is working with nice, friendly people who are in the same position, not looking to get promoted by stitching people up.

Secondly, who are you to tell anyone to get off anti-depressants? They work in different ways. Some people are more suited to them than others. I felt like a zombie on them but recently went on to a sleeping one which has helped a lot.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
i think the dove lodge service is in some way connected but the guy who worked with me was based in brighton and covered this area. i found him very helpful and supportive. the fact he was a seagulls and sharks fan didnt go amiss either :lolol:

i had a small lesbain called donna:facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here