Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

joanne lees - would you?

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Peter Falconio's bird (guy murdered in Oz), still something a bit fishy about her

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Definitely, I saw her in Thomas Cook in North Street once and she looked very tasty.

But I wouldn't take her on holiday.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Has anyone read the Outsider by Albert Camus?

Reason I ask is that I can't help feeling that she was implicated because of the way she didn't grieve as was expected of her... and her subsequent treatment was exactly the kind of thing Camus was exploring with his book.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Just listened to that interview - and I've read a book on that case written by one of the Australian crime journos covering it.

I don't know why she's done that interview with John Humphries. He didn't go easy on her, it hasn't answered any of the questions, all the doubts remain, she's had plenty of time to be 'coached' in her responses - all it's done is bring it all up again.

The fact is whatever actually happened she doesn't come over well in interviews, and her advisers must know that. Fair play to the Beeb for getting it in those circumstances, but there was no real new stuff, just the curiosity value of hearing her speak.

I know she's basically just promoting her book, just can't see what she can gain from it - her testimony will be the same as at the trial. But she could lose, with accusations of profiting from tragedy etc.

Last edited:

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Buzzer said:
Has anyone read the Outsider by Albert Camus?

Reason I ask is that I can't help feeling that she was implicated because of the way she didn't grieve as was expected of her... and her subsequent treatment was exactly the kind of thing Camus was exploring with his book.

Didn't the main character actually kill the victim though?

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
i would, but i said when it was in the news she did it, and i still think she did, she has got a look about her that she isnt to be trusted and 9 times out of ten i am right

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Would have been a definite yes but she seems to be deteriorating.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Buzzer said:
can't help feeling that she was implicated because of the way she didn't grieve as was expected of her...

How do people expect one to grieve?

How many people have any idea what it is like if someone close to you is murdered?!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
garry nelsons left foot said:
Didn't the main character actually kill the victim though?

Nope - he killed the Arab but was in town to bury his mother who he was not grieving for.

fatboy said:
How do people expect one to grieve?

How many people have any idea what it is like if someone close to you is murdered?!

This was Camus' point exactly - the inability (or reluctance) of the main character to cry was considered suspect. Just as people have done with Joanna Lees.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Buzzer said:
Nope - he killed the Arab but was in town to bury his mother who he was not grieving for.

This was Camus' point exactly - the inability (or reluctance) of the main character to cry was considered suspect. Just as people have done with Joanna Lees.

Great book. I know what you're on about and yes

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
It is absolutely fair to ask 'how do you know how you'd react' in that situation. But that is one, and only one, of the catalogue of comments and actions that were just a bit 'off'.

Even in that interview, when asked about her affair, she said her sole regret about it was the way it had tarnished her portrayal in the media - not how it affected him/her/their relationship. That's a very strange attitude, when this book is supposed to be some kind of tribute to her great love Peter Falconio.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
I used to see her around Matlock Road/Maldon Road walking when I lived on Withdean Road, i'm assuming she lives up that way ?

I should have SOLD that snippet to The Sun (or blackmailed her into sex)

Hmmmm

Tom Nicholls

Aug 21, 2005
Gloucester
Smoked haddock omelette
Serves 2

Ingredients
300ml/10floz milk
300ml/10fl oz water
3 bay leaves
2 slices onion
6 black peppercorns
275g/10oz undyed smoked haddock fillet
6 free range eggs
20g/3/4oz unsalted butter
50ml/1¼fl oz double cream
2 tbsp freshly grated parmesan cheese
salt and freshly ground black pepper

Method
1. Mix the milk with 300ml/10fl oz of water toghether, pour it into a large shallow pan and bring to the boil.
2. Add the bay leaves, onion slices and peppercorns and bring back to the boil.
3. Add the smoked haddock and simmer gently and poach for about 3-4 minutes, until the fish is cooked. Lift the fish out on to a plate and leave until cool, then break into flakes, discarding any skin and bones.
4. Pre-heat the grill to high.
5. Whisk the eggs together with some seasoning.
6. Heat a 23-25cm/9-10 inch non-stick frying pan over a medium heat, then add the butter and swirl it around to coat the base and sides of the pan.
7. Pour in the eggs and, as they start to set, drag the back of a fork over the base of the pan, lifting up little folds of egg to allow the uncooked egg to run underneath.
8. When the omelette is set underneath but still very moist on top, sprinkle over the flaked smoked haddock.
9. Pour the cream on top, sprinkle with parmesan cheese and put the omelette under the hot grill until lightly golden brown.
10. Slide it on to a warmed plate and serve with a crisp green salad.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
No, but if it was John Lees....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here