Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jim Davidson kicked of HK for Shirtlifter comment.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Christ - I better be more careful, I didn't realise ITV kicking JD off a reality snoozathon for being a homphobic bore would lead to the end of free speech as we know it.

"First they came for the 1980's burnt out unfunny comedians, but I did nothing because i was a washed up leftwing Dinosaur, then they came for....."

Got to go, gonna watch my new hero on HK now.:bigwave:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
So wether JD was justly or unjustly treated according to most of you lot is secondry to his comedy talent(or lack of)?

what if Ricky Gervais had said it?

He's just as unfunny and talentless as Davidson, IMO.

As for this remark, I'm not sure of the details, but am I right in thinking than he got kicked of off some stupid reality show for calling someone a shirtlifter?

Anyone, of any sexual persuasion, who finds the use of the word shirtlifter offensive enough to complain about wants their head looking at.

People like that mincing queen Dowling give the vast majority of gay people a bad name.

Adam Virgo's Shirt

I took Adam's shirt off!
Oct 7, 2006
IOW ex Worthing
Looks to me like JD has been stitched up here. C4 received 46 complaints about him, and 30 against MPW for his 'Pikey' comment. "C4 can not condone remarks that cause offence" So why wasn't MPW kicked off then? Same rule must apply there surely! Oh no! Can't kick MPW off! There'd be no programme left!

Dandyman

In London village.
"edited"

Last edited:

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
He's just as unfunny and talentless as Davidson, IMO.

As for this remark, I'm not sure of the details, but am I right in thinking than he got kicked of off some stupid reality show for calling someone a shirtlifter?

Anyone, of any sexual persuasion, who finds the use of the word shirtlifter offensive enough to complain about wants their head looking at.

People like that mincing queen Dowling give the vast majority of gay people a bad name.

I tend to agree. JD refered to some diners who were giving him dirty looks as shirtlifters so that dowling was being offended on behalf of others.

JD interveiwed at the end of his exit seemed honest but a bit clueless about the Dynamics of the show and people. It was dowling that came across as obnoxious. The only one who seemed sane was Barry Mcguigan and he's spent half his life having his brains bashed out.

I can honestly say I thought the programme, or the first 40 minutes I watched of it was the biggest load of cack ive seen in a while. Chefs imo are some of the biggest arseholes on the planet only beaten by Musicians.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
His CRIME was this:

Programme: Up the Elephant and Round the Castle
Broadcast: 1983 - 1985 (ITV)
Episodes: 23 (3 series)
Starring: Jim Davidson, Sue Nicholls, John Bardon, Anita Dobson
Written by: Spike Mullins, Geoff McQueen, Jim Eldridge, Colin Bostock-Smith, Peter Learmouth, Tony Hoare, Louise Ford
Produced by: Anthony Parker
Directed by: Anthony Parker
Production: Thames Television
Synopsis: Jim London is a young scallywag who spends his time pursuing Wanda Pickels as her husband Stan is in jail. A young woman, Vera Spigott, fancies Jim but he isn't interested in her.

BSG Review: One of the worst sitcoms of all time, however it did have a couple of funny lines - but still, the show was poorly received.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
So wether JD was justly or unjustly treated according to most of you lot is secondry to his comedy talent(or lack of)?

what if Ricky Gervais had said it?

Ricky Gervais would not have said it because he is not a complete and utter ****.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Dowling reacted like a right poof, bet all the gays are well proud of him showing everything that is bad from them in his reaction. He should of dealt with it like a man , would of emerged with much more respect

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Davidson is an utter c*nt but I could not help agreeing with some of his comments last night, he shirtlifter was un pc but Brian reacted in the exact way the stereotype of his sexual orientation are portrayed. Actually Deayton made his first and only funny remark for the whole series last night after Davidson was booted out

" Jim is on the long road back

to the 1970's "

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
So it's okay to refer to a homosexual, in the presence of one, as a shirtlifter then?

Bollocks is it.

It's not PC gone mad at all you just can't get away with that kind of stuff anymore which is a GOOD THING.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
McGuigan nailed Davison's colours to the mast last night he had him sussed, Young has come across as a bit of a spineless tosser on this show frankly

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
and Abi Clancy would get it hard.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
do people find it more or less offensive thatf some blonde airhead refered to Charlie dancing on BB as " you is well nigga" or JD referring to Brian as a shirt lifter"

because the TV bosses obviously found both unpallatable

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
both victims of the mad pc world we live in imho

tip top

Kandidate
Jun 27, 2007
dunno I'm lost
maybe being rather thick but where does the prase 'shirtlifter' originate from?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here