Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

JFC to go out on loan?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
JFC needs games, so makes sense... I hope this actually means we are about to sign an attacking CM (assuming Vicente is off)...

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Great signing for a league two team. Can see him getting 10+ goals for whoever he joins at that level

Would have thought JFC was good enough for League One. However, he will be a good signing whoever he goes to.

ifightbears

Jul 19, 2010
Cornwall
He will tear that league apart, come back to us mid season based on a couple of injuries and lead us to play off victory, you heard it hear first.

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
Either Burton or Oxford are going to get a quality creative midfielder for next season then. Definitely needs game time and can't wait to see how he gets on.

NorthStandN1A

Aug 1, 2011
Hove
fringe player at best at this stage in his career - a year out on loan would do this young lad a world of good. David Beckham was loaned out early in his career so it's not the end of the world by any means. Good luck to the lad I say and hopefully he can improve and comeback a better player.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Right option, I'd rather have him starting and getting regular first team football, even if it is at a lower level.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I can see the logic but thought he showed enough in the few games he played last season to be involved around the first team, and at least on the bench.
He looked very good when I saw him play last year. This is obviously an excellent sign in terms of the quality of players that Gus is expecting to have available.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Jake did say when he signed his contract recently that it was likely he would be loaned out. I don't see why some on here are shocked. He's still very inexperienced at league level and a short loan could really have him coming back to us in top form.

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton
Pardon our ignorance, but what the f**k is he going to learn playing for a bunch of league 2 cloggers? I'm sure neither Oxford nor Burton play the same style as us, so he could easily come back a worse rather than better player! It's quite likely he wont get a kick as the ball sails over his head from end to end.
The kid is good enough to play in the championship, he's already shown what he can do and at the moment he could be the best attacking midfielder on our books.
Looks like the Dicker/Harley dream team in central midfield now then.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Well done Gus.

This just emphasises to me further that Gus has a project.

You wouldn't blame him for being 'selfish' and thinking of having JFC on the bench this season but to put his long term football development first and get him out to a League two club just demonstrates to me that Gus is looking at the bigger picture.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here