Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jessops officially gone bust....

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Blimey! I was only talking to their FD last week! She said they were struggling to match Amazon, but were going all-out on service, along with a price-match promise to try and stopp people getting advice and their hands on the kit, before just buying online (if they were paying the staff to give the advice, they may as well get the sale with a price-match, even at a lower margin than they'd prefer).

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
they ruined all my pictures from an underwater camera from discovery cove in Florida. they get no sympathy from me. irreplaceable photographs destroyed forever:tantrum:

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
What I don't get is people have paid for these gift vouchers, surely they can't just keep £150 as they are in administration??

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
What I don't get is people have paid for these gift vouchers, surely they can't just keep £150 as they are in administration??

you've brought an IOU, so you're a creditor in the queue with all the others, like the tax man and the bank.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Was about to go in and get the Nikon d7k, been saving work vouchers and got additional vouchers at xmas!

That place in Brighton I have to say is clueless and didn't even know about the d90. Don't have much hope for Worthing either.....it will end up on line and I would assume flagship shops remain open

Serious note was on Radio2 vouchers or returns not being honoured ?

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Wonder how long dixons will be around? Bad times

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Extremely unlikely. Saying "not at the moment" right now but that basically means never.
Whilst in administration, no chance. Effectively told sorry but it's tuff
Indeed, understood - I wasn't sure if it was just a section of the company in admin, without the retail part (as I believe there's been stuff like this before with them). Oh well, only about £40. I was about to save up over a grand of them, so better now than later :)

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
Can't say I'm surprised. Whenever I've been in there for something, they've not had it in stock; other times the sales staff have shown complete ignorance of the basics. The knowledgeable staff left years ago to be replaced with sales droids.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Gutted. Their double sided inkjet card way cheaper than anywhere online. Guess I will have to stock up if it gets disciunted still. Soon we will have no High Streets left. Only proper dickheads shop online.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Gutted. Their double sided inkjet card way cheaper than anywhere online. Guess I will have to stock up if it gets disciunted still. Soon we will have no High Streets left. Only proper dickheads shop online.

I've been saying this for a while now within the next 10 years there won't be a high street
HMV is also on the brink of collapse (could be the next to go )

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I've been saying this for a while now within the next 10 years there won't be a high street
HMV is also on the brink of collapse (could be the next to go )

I'm surprised HMV hasn't gone bust sooner, they have always been extremely over priced and EVERYTHING they sell is cheaper online... Everything!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Sure there will. It'll just have places that need to be on the high street, rather than places where it's cheaper to buy online. And rents on the high street will be lower, which is good for shop owners and customers (bad for the landlords, but that's good with me).

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

I guess there are A LOT of "proper dickheads" out there then...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here