Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jeremy **nt's staggering ignorance!

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
What a cretinous tosser (with humble apologies to actual cretins everywhere).

I think we can take it that the Cleggeron honeymoon-period is officially over. Good.

Dandyman

In London village.
Does he win a prize for most apt rhyming slang minister ?

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland
As an aside CMD had this to say today:

"I'm a keen follower of cricket and tennis and I think the third umpire has been a great thing... that's something football could now have a look at," said Mr Cameron.

Is it just me or does this read as if he's completely oblivious of this debate that's been raging for years and has happened upon the concept all by himself? ???

It would certainly be in keeping with the levels of ignorance displayed in his ConRat alliance.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
As an aside CMD had this to say today:

"I'm a keen follower of cricket and tennis and I think the third umpire has been a great thing... that's something football could now have a look at," said Mr Cameron.

Is it just me or does this read as if he's completely oblivious of this debate that's been raging for years and has happened upon the concept all by himself? ???

It would certainly be in keeping with the levels of ignorance displayed in his ConRat alliance.

Yes it is just you!

This is total bullshit!

I am not a Cameron fan at all, but what the f*** are you on about. He doesn't like football...he doesn't follow football..he has no interest in football. He was asked a question and he said that the two sports he follows are cricket and tennis which have referral systems.

Blimey i am turning into Mr Angry.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
There seems to be something in the papers (and in Westminster evidently) at present that the England fans have come of age, and that we've shaken off the shackles of our hooligan past.

Bollocks - we did that years ago. Japan/South Korea 2002, Portugal 2004, England fans, it seemed as I recall, came of age then.

Domestically, the Europeans look out how English football is policed to learn how to do it themselves (not always with success, mind).

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It just goes to show sport and politics don't mix. At least it's good news for Boris Johnson - he's now dropped to the No.2 Most Hated Man In Liverpool.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I was wondering if this would crop up on here. I saw it on the news and frankly it's alot of fuss about nothing. He was probably asked the question first and obviously knows nothing about football, so used two examples of football fans dying in the 80s. If everyone just kept quiet it would probably have registered with about 5 people.

Obviously the people of liverpool have a point though because they definitely don't have a history of over the top moral outrage. The 3 minute silence to commemerate the comments will start tomorrow morning at 11am

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It's not a lot of fuss over nothing, it shows he has total ignorance of the worst sporting disaster of the last 25 years (not including yesterday's performance).

I suspect he might be a little stronger on the "Culture" aspect of his portfolio, although is it true he really said "That Damien Hurst's done nothing since his hat-trick against the Germans".

He's a headline writer's dream and certainly one to watch.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
There seems to be something in the papers (and in Westminster evidently) at present that the England fans have come of age, and that we've shaken off the shackles of our hooligan past.

Bollocks - we did that years ago. Japan/South Korea 2002, Portugal 2004, England fans, it seemed as I recall, came of age then.

Domestically, the Europeans look out how English football is policed to learn how to do it themselves (not always with success, mind).

Someone ought to tell the Withdean stewards this too......:thumbsup:

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Typical load of over the top posts,we do have an abundance of tossers on NSC.

Yep, you appear to be amongst them with that comment. This MP has rightly been lambasted for a stunning lack of sensitivity and knowledge. Or both. That's all people are saying. And this is NSC, not Westminster so always going to be more emotional language. You ought not stick around if offended. Won't be long before someone tells you to "**** *** you ****" if you add further comments like the above :thumbsup:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
He praised the England fans at the 2010 World Cup saying the "terrible problems" of "Heysel and Hillsborough in the 1980s seem now to be behind us".

So these are the offending comments. Hillsborough was a terrible problem, 96 people died.

As far as I can see the only intimation towards hooliganism is that it's mentioned in the same breath as Heysel.

I'm not saying that he's not politically stupid to even start mentioning those incidents when, as TLO says, hooliganism from England fans hasn't been an issue for years now. I'm also not saying that he's not completely ignorant about the events, he obviously is, he can't even pronounce Heysel FFS.

What I am saying is people need to get a grip on the moral outrage, he hasn't said anything that bad and it's open to interpretation as far as I'm concerned. I wonder if people would be so bothered if he wasn't an evil baby eating TORY

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
So these are the offending comments. Hillsborough was a terrible problem, 96 people died.

As far as I can see the only intimation towards hooliganism is that it's mentioned in the same breath as Heysel.

I'm not saying that he's not politically stupid to even start mentioning those incidents when, as TLO says, hooliganism from England fans hasn't been an issue for years now. I'm also not saying that he's not completely ignorant about the events, he obviously is, he can't even pronounce Heysel FFS.

What I am saying is people need to get a grip on the moral outrage, he hasn't said anything that bad and it's open to interpretation as far as I'm concerned. I wonder if people would be so bothered if he wasn't an evil baby eating TORY

No denying it's likely a slip of the tongue. But WHAT a slip of the tongue. The official statement of apology sounds more spin than from the heart too. Deeply upsetting comment to make. If the head of FA can go for his grass comments pre-world cup then this fool should at least be rightly lambasted for his ignorance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here