Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jeremy **nt's staggering ignorance!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
His comments were an answer to a question about hooliganism, so, yes he's got it completely wrong.

The more you think about it the more serious an error it is. Given that we've been cuffed by Germany at a World Cup and there's barely been an arrest you'd hope the time might have come to reintroduce some terracing to grounds, much as they do in Germany with some success.

Yet what chance has that got of getting government approval if the cretin in charge thinks Hillsborough resulted from hooliganism?

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
His comments were an answer to a question about hooliganism, so, yes he's got it completely wrong.

The more you think about it the more serious an error it is. Given that we've been cuffed by Germany at a World Cup and there's barely been an arrest you'd hope the time might have come to reintroduce some terracing to grounds, much as they do in Germany with some success.

Yet what chance has that got of getting government approval if the cretin in charge thinks Hillsborough resulted from hooliganism?

Those in governing authorities are 20 years behind those watching in the stands. Just have to take a look at the stewarding at many grounds, including our own and the Police's guilty by association stance on anyone accused of being disruptive at a game today.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I was wondering if this would crop up on here. I saw it on the news and frankly it's alot of fuss about nothing. He was probably asked the question first and obviously knows nothing about football, so used two examples of football fans dying in the 80s. If everyone just kept quiet it would probably have registered with about 5 people.

Obviously the people of liverpool have a point though because they definitely don't have a history of over the top moral outrage. The 3 minute silence to commemerate the comments will start tomorrow morning at 11am

:thumbsup: No one does grief or outrage like a scouser!

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Just calm down everybody;it was a really pratty slip up to make but in the real world that should be the end of it.
However it does allow all the moral indignants(if that is a word!) a chance to sound off about something....and if it makes them all feel good about themselves aren't they the lucky ones.
I do excuse those who had relatives or friends lost at the disaster from my above pronouncement!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Just calm down everybody;it was a really pratty slip up to make but in the real world that should be the end of it.
However it does allow all the moral indignants(if that is a word!) a chance to sound off about something....and if it makes them all feel good about themselves aren't they the lucky ones.

Are you not bothered that the government's Minister For Sport thinks the greatest football tragedy in my lifetime was as a result of hooliganism, not crowd control?

That incident was a seminal moment in British football - our national game - and he appears to know f*** all about it. What else does he know f*** all about? We're holding the Olympics in 2 years time, the last thing we need is some arty farty fuckwit who's idea of 'sport' is to horsewhip a fresher with a wet towel.

Greyrun

Feb 23, 2009
Are you not bothered that the government's Minister For Sport thinks the greatest football tragedy in my lifetime was as a result of hooliganism, not crowd control?

That incident was a seminal moment in British football - our national game - and he appears to know f*** all about it. What else does he know f*** all about? We're holding the Olympics in 2 years time, the last thing we need is some arty farty fuckwit who's idea of 'sport' is to horsewhip a fresher with a wet towel.

Hugh Robertson is the Minister of Sport, like Jeremy Hunt you made a mistake does that make you a fuckwit?

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Hugh Robertson is the Minister of Sport, like Jeremy Hunt you made a mistake does that make you a fuckwit?

Calm down again Pav.I said it was a really pratty mistake,but even the great and good moral indignants like you can make a mistake.....so it seems!:lolol:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
f***ing hell - OK - JUNIOR Minister for Sport! Let's hope he didn't run his views past Hugh Robertson before making them on air, otherwise that's TWO twat Minister. And I wouldn't class myself as a moral indignant, but 95 people died so it's a bad error.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here