Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jeremy Clarkson Scandal.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Not defending him at all, but interesting how this footage was "uncovered" by a newspaper formerly edited by Piers Morgan, who he's had a long running spat with. This goes deeper.

But that paper fired him - they wouldn't be fussed about fighting his corner, I don't think.

As I mentioned before, I think it's more to do with the Mirror vs Sun 'battle'. Hence this post from one of his TG mates:

http://sniffpetrol.com/2014/05/02/clarkson-denies-using-n-word-to-describe-daily-mirror/

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Nipper when I was a lad. Only recently realised there was a racist version.

Same here. I'd never heard the racist version, I genuinely didn't realise that the "original" eeny meeny miny mo contained that word. News to me.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I always thought we lived in a free country where we were free to to have whatever political or religious views we wanted without being persecuted for them Seems to be not the case

You're free to say what you like, other people are free to take offense.

Freedom of speech doesn't absolve you of the consequences of what you've said and other people are free to call you an ******** for saying it. That's kind of how it works isn't it?

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Too right. Yet again, the politically correct brigade are desparate to take offence and scream racism where there is none. Jeremy Clarkson has been presenting the new top gear for 12 years without even a hint of racism and yet people are jumping down his throat at something totally innocent and innocuous.

You can't do anything in this country any more.

normal_Not_Sure_If_Serious.jpg

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Back to Clarkson, whether the BBC do anything or not, will most likely be down to the amount of money that the show is still bringing in internationally; supposed to be one of the Beeb's biggest incomes, isn't it?

I don't think the show needs him to be successful though. As much as it isn't my cup of tea, it's a very good format.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
All the outraged white people mostly missed this one.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Too right. Yet again, the politically correct brigade are desparate to take offence and scream racism where there is none. Jeremy Clarkson has been presenting the new top gear for 12 years without even a hint of racism and yet people are jumping down his throat at something totally innocent and innocuous.

You can't do anything in this country any more.

I know.

If you say you're English these days, you get arrested and thrown into jail...

macky

Dec 28, 2004
You're free to say what you like, other people are free to take offense.

Freedom of speech doesn't absolve you of the consequences of what you've said and other people are free to call you an ******** for saying it. That's kind of how it works isn't it?
Yes that's exactly as it should work we should all have opinions of certain people but making front page news of it screaming for their head is going a bit to far Its like a school playground running around ganging up on people

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I haven't even seen the story. Anyone got a link to a balanced outrage?

Irish_Seagull

Mar 25, 2014
heres me thinking the inquisitions where over, i once worked with various ethnics including a few English lads Pakistanis and Indians, we each had nicknames relating to our various ethnic stereotypes. if people couldn't handle the banter they were shown the door or made so uncomfortable they found other employment. Clarkson can say what the hell he likes, so long as it is in jest which im sure it was.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
I think dog owners ought to be up in arms. IP dip dog shit, you are not it clearly discriminates against dogs! Why don't they pick on cats! And as a spud fan don't get me started on "One potato "

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Hahahahahahaha

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here