Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Jehovah's Witness

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I did a job near a JW head office of sorts, all the girls seemed to be stunning super polite when passing by. My customer told me the ploy is to send the pretty girls out to recruit the sad middle aged men of this world and fleece them.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
They also don't like it when you bring up 1975 when they claimed that to be the year of ''Armageddon'' which never came to pass

I'm not surprised.

It came out in 1998.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Never understood why if only 144000 people go to heaven, they try and reduce their odds by recruiting more.

The rest apparently go to ''Paradise on Earth'' though

I remember the WatchTower magazine she showed me what their ''Paradise on Earth'' looked like - Lots of green pastures and little lovely lambs hopping about everywhere and people lying around relaxing on those fields.

I thought to myself ''What no pubs and no fornication'' ? I think I will pass - Fast Forward to 2020 - It's looked a bit like Covid-19 Lockdown with no pubs open. Maybe this is it maybe Jehovah is amongst us and this is as good as it gets for Jehovah's Witnesses.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
The rest apparently go to ''Paradise on Earth'' though

I remember the WatchTower magazine she showed me what their ''Paradise on Earth'' looked like - Lots of green pastures and little lovely lambs hopping about everywhere and people lying around relaxing on those fields.

I thought to myself ''What no pubs and no fornication'' ? I think I will pass - Fast Forward to 2020 - It's looked a bit like Covid-19 Lockdown with no pubs open. Maybe this is it maybe Jehovah is amongst us and this is as good as it gets for Jehovah's Witnesses.

Well my mum had to have a blood transfusion whilst having me so that is me off to the Selhurst Park of the JW afterlife. :shrug:

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
I live next door to one of there Kingdom Halls. They used to knock on every now and then. Always sent them on their way with “I’m an atheist and I believe in evolution and not the old crap they
spout.” They don’t come round anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Two old dears came knocking on my door on a Saturday morning around this time last year. Assuming it was a delivery or something, I answered in my dressing gown and they straight away asked me if I felt the world was unhappy... I had no idea why they were asking this or who they were, so I just kind of shrugged. They said they had the answer to the world's problems and started showing me a super-polished American corporate video about Jehovah's Witnesses on an iPad. Went on for five minutes with me spending the whole time making sure I hadn't accidentally slipped out and trying not to laugh. I didn't have the heart to say I thought it was all bollocks either so they gave me a load of leaflets. All very awkward and weird.

May 5, 2020
Sussex
My mum’s younger sister got converted back in the 1950s by an elderly lady near Bordon in Hants, the family knew nothing about it until my aunt had to go into hospital one day. Her first serious boyfriend promised “I’ll get her out of it” to the family and ended up a more rabid JW than her. They married and went to Oz as £10 Poms, much helped by the local JWs to get housed etc. Their sons now run a very successful building firm and both have landing strips in their back ‘gardens’ for their planes. Them being JWs has caused a few issues between our families down the years. Here ends the tale.
Fair enough,sounds like your family has had personal experience with the organisation so I respect your opinion.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Two old dears came knocking on my door on a Saturday morning around this time last year. Assuming it was a delivery or something, I answered in my dressing gown and they straight away asked me if I felt the world was unhappy... I had no idea why they were asking this or who they were, so I just kind of shrugged. They said they had the answer to the world's problems and started showing me a super-polished American corporate video about Jehovah's Witnesses on an iPad. Went on for five minutes with me spending the whole time making sure I hadn't accidentally slipped out and trying not to laugh. I didn't have the heart to say I thought it was all bollocks either so they gave me a load of leaflets. All very awkward and weird.

If you were in your dressing gown perhaps you should have shown them your bollocks, might have terminated the conversation quite swiftly? :p

May 5, 2020
Sussex
Maybe armeggedon was averted in 1975 thanks to the warnings of Jehovahs witness.the Vietnam war did end in 1975,of it had carried on then possibly armeggedon could have ensued
Or maybe 1975 is the beginning of a slow build up to a war in 2025?it's good to keep an open mind on these things.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
30 odd years ago I used to buy the watchtower from an elderly chap called Dino. He was always very polite and seemed like a nice gent.

After a couple of years or so of polite conversation, but failing to get me to the local Kingdom Hall, Two younger, go getters took over from him to try and seal the deal.
I gave them short shrift and never responded to their knocks on the door again.

Shame, because Dino was a lovely old gent, probably just going through the motions for his missus, who occasionally tagged along, and was a bit of a wild-eyed loony.

D

Deleted member 2719

I align JW's with the easily led bunch like BLM, Corbynites and extinction rebellion.

Having said that, some JW's are fit.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Never understood why if only 144000 people go to heaven, they try and reduce their odds by recruiting more.

Maybe there's a "one in, one out" deal on the door. Or maybe hope that someone turns up in trainers and gets turned away.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here