Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jean Tigana

Stumpy Tim

Lammy said:
The idea is to get a manager that is not likely to be offered a 'better' job at the end of the season. I agree, if offered then they would all walk.

Ok, If we did elect Booker (And I'm not saying that is what I'd like) and he got us promotion, could you see another club (and they would have to be a prem club) coming in for him?

Tigina on the other hand would be applying for everything left right and centre, for more money.

Can't see Dowie going on the basis of one promotion.

The only manager guaranteed not to get offered a better job is one that isn't any good. I would rather have a good manager myself

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
I'm in agreement with Stumpy on this.

Coppel only had a 12 month contract, he'd potentially have gone within a year.

And for those who say Tigana might f*** off after the season, so be it. If I was Dick Knight and I was offered Micky Adams on a 9 month contract I'd take it.

Tigana on a contract till the end of the season. Potentially a gap filler for him, and promotion for us. Rather that than a loyal manager who can't get us back in the 1st and is on a lenghty contract.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Errr no not at all. The only manager not to get offered a better job is one that is:

a) Not looking for another job
b) Not spouting off about past glories (ie champions league 5 years ago, Used to be the England Manager (and gave Beckham the captains armband)

We need a manager that is going to see us into Falmer. Just because a manager doesn't get poached doesn't mean he isn't any good!

I tell you what, let's get Vialli in! He's a good manager, could get us promotion! Would we be in a better situation after he's buggered off? No. We'd be a lot poorer for one thing and probably our double championship winning side's team spirit would have been totally quashed.

Stumpy Tim

Lammy said:
Errr no not at all. The only manager not to get offered a better job is one that is:

a) Not looking for another job
b) Not spouting off about past glories (ie champions league 5 years ago, Used to be the England Manager (and gave Beckham the captains armband)

We need a manager that is going to see us into Falmer. Just because a manager doesn't get poached doesn't mean he isn't any good!

I tell you what, let's get Vialli in! He's a good manager, could get us promotion! Would we be in a better situation after he's buggered off? No. We'd be a lot poorer for one thing and probably our double championship winning side's team spirit would have been totally quashed.

What - like Coppell?? He didn't mention his track record at all. He just did a good job & was offered a new job.

And Vialli would be crap because he's a crap manager. Tigana isn't. Okay, he spent quite a bit of cash in Div 1 with Fulham but they did win the title by a million points. You can't compare the two

Jul 21, 2003
we dont want no foreigner whateve his stupid name is here managing our football wots he done so far F*** all! Rix can F*** OFF TOO, Gray is hardly good enough to get an interview let alone the job and Dowie just aint up to it as for Cotterill well you aint gonn aget good football appreciation there silent! as for bon the Builder forget him he is a clown GIVE THE MANAGERS JOB TO DEAN WILKINS!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Ain't the ignore list a wonderful invention?

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
Can't really decide on this one: my heart tells me Bob because he's done nothing wrong and he must have learnt loads from all the managers he's worked with. But my head tells me a proven performer like Dowie or Cotterrill. I don't know what tells me Tigana but it does sound very tempting!!!
I'm uncertain as to whether I'm indecisive.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Tigana's never had to work with players at this level. With the greatest of respect to them, he may have expectations of a style of play and ability that the team do not possess.

Could you see Hinshelwood, for example, fitting into a team playing the way Tigana would want them? The bloke can defend, certainly, but he can't pass the ball to save his life, bless 'im. I watched Fulham several times under Tigana, they'd pass, pass, pass, and then, just for fun, pass again. If he thinks he could do that in this division he'll be in for a shock.

Also, it wouldn't surprise me if he had a considerably inflated idea of what we could afford to pay him. Dowie for me - working wonders at Oldham, has developed a team with spirit and application, and has contacts at QPR, West Ham, Oldham, Palace (alright, so it's not all good) etc etc.

Last edited:

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
You don't need to quote an entire post to respond to it.

How do we set up this ignore list?

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Fair point.

FG is now ignored

Although on his profile is says status : banned ??

As for the other points I guess it's for Sir Dick to decide.

(but I'm right):p

Brady's Old Lady

Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I said this in a thread yesterday, but why can't we give BB the job on a caretaker basis until we know what the result of the Falmer enquiry is, with one proviso, if we head in to a freefall situation like at the beginning of last season, we don't leave it 12 games to address it. At the same time we shouldn't give BB the job if we win on Saturday. 3 Games isn't enough to prove himself.
Didn't we win the first 3 games under Jeff Wood.

ChutneyStirrer

Sep 14, 2003
Brady's Old Lady said:
I said this in a thread yesterday, but why can't we give BB the job on a caretaker basis until we know what the result of the Falmer enquiry is, with one proviso, if we head in to a freefall situation like at the beginning of last season, we don't leave it 12 games to address it.

I see where you are coming from but a bit harsh on Booker..... 'Here Bob, you've got the job until we get the green light on Falmer then we can get a proper manager in.....'

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Where do you draw the line though, Brady's? If three games is not enough but 14 games is long enough (which is what Hinshelwood had), how do you settle on a figure?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here