Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jean Tigana

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
As usual, very sound argument from MoH. However, I can't really see him sticking it out in the long term?

At the moment we are a very attractive club for an out of work manager looking to polish up his CV.

- Take over Brighton
- Win promotion by March
- Bugger off to Chelsea...

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Man of Harveys said:
I can see merit in the argument that we need someone prone to shouting a lot, who knows the lower divisions, works on a tight budget etc etc.

I don't think Knight will go for a shouter - they're increasingly a dying breed in management. Also the players liked Coppell's quiet, intelligent approach so a tea cup thrower is unlikely I think.

But you have to say Tigana would be Knight's biggest coup yet so it's Tigana or Dowie for me.

No to Bob.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
LOOK let me inject some sense into the usual crap being spouted on here...

1) Being a high level manager with lots of money to spend, does NOT automatically mean u are gonna be a shit manager with no money to spend. Top level managers are at top clubs for a reason...and not just because they know how to spend wads of cash.

2) Jean Tigana is a greedy motherfucker who is detested at Fulham, because he was really uncommited and only interested in money why does he wanna come to Brighton??

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
he knows he can say he guided a cash strapped side to the championship, which we will win!

sherriffbart

Sep 24, 2003
Jean Tigana was not detested at Fulham. He became very dissolutioned by his "stars" not performing, but essentially the Fulham crowd were not anti-tigana

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Stumpy Tim said:
I'd settle for that. Why do people want a loyal manager who could lose us promotion? Let's get up & then worry about whether the new manager stays!
I agree entirely with that...

If Tigana comes in and gets us promotion then fucks off so what?...

It's nothing unusual to us is it?...

Are people telling me Booker or Cotterill would stay if offered a premiership managers job?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Trigger said:
I agree entirely with that...

If Tigana comes in and gets us promotion then fucks off so what?...

It's nothing unusual to us is it?...

Are people telling me Booker or Cotterill would stay if offered a premiership managers job?

precisely

get him in

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I don't know what it is but I have a gut feeling that says no.

It just isn't right somehow :nono:

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
LOOK let me inject some sense into the usual crap being spouted on here...

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Yes lets get a manager in to just get promotion then bugger off! What like Taylor?

Oh yeah let's do that again! This time in two years we'll be back where we are now!

For feck sake it's not going to take a genius to get this side promotion having seen the standard we're up against in this division!

What we need is someone who can work over the summer getting the side ready for div 1 rather than waiting till Xmas!

Jesus!

Stumpy Tim

Lammy said:
:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Yes lets get a manager in to just get promotion then bugger off! What like Taylor?

Oh yeah let's do that again! This time in two years we'll be back where we are now!

For feck sake it's not going to take a genius to get this side promotion having seen the standard we're up against in this division!

What we need is someone who can work over the summer getting the side ready for div 1 rather than waiting till Xmas!

Jesus!

Rubbish Lammy. The reason we came back down was because Dick Knight made the wrong managerial choice in the summer. If we had Coppell from the start we would have stayed up. Hopefully he'll learn from that & not appoint another insider.

What we need is someone who'll take us up

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
But what's the point of risking another dodgy manager next season when we can get one sorted now? Managers aren't supposed to be thrown away and replaced every season. They're supposed to last a bit longer than that. Just because that's what has happend to us over recent years deosn't make it right.

We need a manager with his feet on the ground who will bond well with the players we've got and not piss off at the end of the season!

We don't need a champions league manager to get us out of Div 2!!

Stumpy Tim

Almost all managers would bugger off if offered a better job - that's a fact. Give me a manager who'll get us out of this, then we'll have Falmer guaranteed by the new season & things will be different.

The players would learn so much from Tigana, that even 6 months would be worthwhile

Jul 7, 2003
Bolton
While the idea of Tigana taking on a Director of Football role is initially attractive, particularly with him investing money, with Bob working under him the whole concept of Director of Football isnt convincing. If his money is tied up in the club it is difficult to sack them and unless the job role is clearly defined you end up with massive conflicts such as Pleat at Spurs and Venables at P'mouth.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
The idea is to get a manager that is not likely to be offered a 'better' job at the end of the season. I agree, if offered then they would all walk.

Ok, If we did elect Booker (And I'm not saying that is what I'd like) and he got us promotion, could you see another club (and they would have to be a prem club) coming in for him?

Tigina on the other hand would be applying for everything left right and centre, for more money.

Can't see Dowie going on the basis of one promotion.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
The only reason we have mercenaries in football is because clubs let them.

If I was employing someone for a job and I look at his CV to find that he's had 6 jobs in the last 10 years, I wouldn't touch him with a barge poll.

Why should footy be any different.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here