Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jealous

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
This could be complete bollox as well as it's come from a mate of a mate but i was 'told' Bloom went to a meeting re the funding with the local council or someone and just wrote a cheque out for X million there and then and just went on his own...

Also apparently he said 'i want the corporate better than the Emirattes' and gave an extra 20 million or something to ensure this. Personally I didn't believe the bloke that told me but ya never know!

both points are pretty much true. Would also reckon from what I have heard that Bloom is worth round about a billion...less £100m give or take a few quid for the Albion! I was told he's basically putting in about a tenth of his wealth into the club!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Paid £1000 for it. You have to pay for the cost of the matches on top but includes access to one of the new corporate suites. Scheme has some sort of name but can't remember it.

It's an additional £99 (ex VAT) per month to include match tickets for all games, cup games and firendlies (fixed for 5 years), it's called the Platimum scheme.

The second option, £500 (ex VAT), is for 5 years, same deal, £99 per month.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Any statue at the new stadium should be of Bloom not Knight, Bloom has already invested 20 times more in the club than Knight ever did in his entire history with the Albion. He employed Poyet largely on his coaching skills as our then setup was as we all know stagnant and decidedly dated.

Bloom has no intention of letting the Albion run out to their first game at the new stadium in League 1. This season is all about survival, next season Bloom will provide Poyet a huge warchest transfer budget that will dwarf every other team in the division bar none. He is absolutely focused on getting Albion into the Championship for the new stadium.

Cor, I bet you know him and everyfink!

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
bit risky imo, what if his seat is right next to somebody like withdean wanderer and he will be stuck there for the rest of his life.

:lolol: this, though there are so many moaners they may be unavoidable. I already hope to get a seat in a middle of a row behind an exit to avoid people coming/going early but I hadn't factored in the moaners :angry:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
when I was a kid we used to run round Hove Park trying to keep up with the players who were training - pretty desperate then and never got any better.Trying to think of where we might be allowed to build a training complex without the usual NIMBY's getting their knickers in a twist. Anyone know any closed down factory sites..............?

Doesn't have to be right beside the ground, there must be loads of places within 5-10 miles of the town where a top class training facility could be built.

I imagine that when a site is identified and the training ground is built it will rival anything else in the country...a sort of statement of intent, if the ground isn't enough of one already!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
:lolol: this, though there are so many moaners they may be unavoidable. I already hope to get a seat in a middle of a row behind an exit to avoid people coming/going early but I hadn't factored in the moaners :angry:

Hopefully, to cause the minumum of inconvenience to others, the seats in the Corporate section will have wider aisles and rows allowing us to arrive late/leave for half time early and come back 10 minutues into the 2nd half and leave 5 minutes before the end :dunce:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Its called going "All In". Depends on how good a poker play you are ????

What are you on about ? He's hardly likely to sink his ENTIRE fortune into the club with your "all-in" poker analogy, because unlike in poker, there's no massive pot for him to win to instantly double+ his money.

I think we can safely assume that his fortune comfortably eclipses the £100m you mention. His cupboard will not be bare after paying for Falmer - if it was, we'd have a problem.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Referee: you have just cost £25 million !

What are you on about ? He's hardly likely to sink his ENTIRE fortune into the club with your "all-in" poker analogy, because unlike in poker, there's no massive pot for him to win to instantly double+ his money.

I think we can safely assume that his fortune comfortably eclipses the £100m you mention. His cupboard will not be bare after paying for Falmer - if it was, we'd have a problem.

Other people will get on Board. Still, I would take the grants: its safer.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Any statue at the new stadium should be of Bloom not Knight, Bloom has already invested 20 times more in the club than Knight ever did in his entire history with the Albion. He employed Poyet largely on his coaching skills as our then setup was as we all know stagnant and decidedly dated.

Bloom has no intention of letting the Albion run out to their first game at the new stadium in League 1. This season is all about survival, next season Bloom will provide Poyet a huge warchest transfer budget that will dwarf every other team in the division bar none. He is absolutely focused on getting Albion into the Championship for the new stadium.

Maybe we could have a statue of Uncles Dick & Tony holding hands (but not in a gay way, obviously)? :wink:

ps I hope the stuff about giving GP a fat wedge to spend on players is true. I remain very optimistic - but I'll believe it when it happens tbh. It's just GOT to be done if we're to ascend the divisions innit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here