Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

JCL

Im new to the forum and reading various threads and posts its apparent alot of current STH hold a feeling of animosity to new season ticket holders at the AMEX who havnt been as regularly as the before mentioned.

So ill give you my Albion supporting credentials and id like to know if people feel i am a JCL fan. All views welcome.

Im 24, my first game at the goldstone came when my dad took me to a 4-4 draw with Orient, he took me another 8-10 times during the last 2 seasons there and i was there for the last game (and got a piece of turf :))
I went to Gillingham, again with my dad 4-5 times.
When i was at school ages 14-17 i went to about 18-22 away games (On the coach with Liz Costa) in 3 seasons and roughly the same amount of home games. After that purely because i wanted to concentrate on my own football, playing saturdays i would go 4-8 times a season up until today. Ive never had a season ticket, always supported Brighton but go when i can and can afford it.

So would i be classed as a JCL

All views welcome!
:facepalm: another one:moo:

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
Welcome mate. Your not a JCL as no one who went to Gillingham can be classed as such! Dont worry about getting your facts and figures about which games you went to exactly spot on...it took me and my dad hours pouring over programs and researching brown away kits from the 80's to figure out my first game!

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
Innocent question. Why do all/most (haven't checked them) of your posts feature :moo: ?

Because (and I mean this with all sincerity and not wishing to be nasty) I genuinely think the bloke is a bit simple. He obviously thinks it's funny, I find it mildly irritating and then realised that he actually didn't have much to say so I've now got him on ignore.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Innocent question. Why do all/most (haven't checked them) of your posts feature :moo: ?
It's the 'bullshit' icon. It means he's acknowledging that what he's posted is a load of rubbish.

EDIT: Although perhaps JDDS's post above might be more accurate.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Without the newbies, Falmer would be a South Coast version of Darlington's new ground.

100% this.

Someone I know has paid for FOUR 1901 memberships. The last five Albion games he's attended were the 1983 Cup Final and replay, Cardiff, Aston Villa and Stoke.

If you don't like it, tough shit - you'll still be cheering the goals scored by the better players that are funded by the money he (and others like him) pay into the club.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I didn't want to mention that since I was already chastising a newbie - which is not the kindest thing to do. It's a bit like till (for til) - common mistake.

Nope. We've had this debate before. Til is wrong, 'til is slightly better but till is correct.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Who cares ? As long as bums are on seats that's what matters, sod the uber fans.

Coleby1007

Feb 28, 2011
Lancing
Because (and I mean this with all sincerity and not wishing to be nasty) I genuinely think the bloke is a bit simple. He obviously thinks it's funny, I find it mildly irritating and then realised that he actually didn't have much to say so I've now got him on ignore.

Well to be fair mate, it is a simple question. Im not trying to be funny but it winds me up that some mugs on here seem to be of the opinion that only the 'chosen ones' can watch the albion at the new stadium. It was a simple question to find out whether people are actually of that opinion, and what constitutes a 'real' fan.

I didnt realise you had to have 'loads to say' or your not allowed to post a new thread. Perhaps i should of posted something along the lines of your favourite youtube video, a thread that seems to go down a treat. You sir are a dick, ignore away

Apologies to those pointing out the 4-4 draw couldnt of been my first game, i always thought it was but maybe my memory has become distorted over time because that was the most memorable

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Well to be fair mate, it is a simple question. Im not trying to be funny but it winds me up that some mugs on here seem to be of the opinion that only the 'chosen ones' can watch the albion at the new stadium. It was a simple question to find out whether people are actually of that opinion, and what constitutes a 'real' fan.

I didnt realise you had to have 'loads to say' or your not allowed to post a new thread. Perhaps i should of posted something along the lines of your favourite youtube video, a thread that seems to go down a treat. You sir are a dick, ignore away

Apologies to those pointing out the 4-4 draw couldnt of been my first game, i always thought it was but maybe my memory has become distorted over time because that was the most memorable

Er, I think you might have got the wrong end of the stick...

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest

Think you have shown your newbie status there.

He wasnt talking about YOU.

Coleby1007

Feb 28, 2011
Lancing
Er, I think you might have got the wrong end of the stick...

Massive apologies mr Deacon sir it is me who is the Dick/didnt read the post properly.................... Ill get my coat! :down:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here