Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

JCL

Coleby1007

Feb 28, 2011
Lancing
Im new to the forum and reading various threads and posts its apparent alot of current STH hold a feeling of animosity to new season ticket holders at the AMEX who havnt been as regularly as the before mentioned.

So ill give you my Albion supporting credentials and id like to know if people feel i am a JCL fan. All views welcome.

Im 24, my first game at the goldstone came when my dad took me to a 4-4 draw with Orient, he took me another 8-10 times during the last 2 seasons there and i was there for the last game (and got a piece of turf :))
I went to Gillingham, again with my dad 4-5 times.
When i was at school ages 14-17 i went to about 18-22 away games (On the coach with Liz Costa) in 3 seasons and roughly the same amount of home games. After that purely because i wanted to concentrate on my own football, playing saturdays i would go 4-8 times a season up until today. Ive never had a season ticket, always supported Brighton but go when i can and can afford it.

So would i be classed as a JCL

All views welcome!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
No

To me a JCL is someone who have NEVER even seen a Brighton game. ANYWHERE.

Tv doesnt count.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I've no issue with new season ticket holders or casual fans. The whole point of fighting for Falmer was to secure the club's future ans entice new supporters and revenue. So welcome one and all.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Im new to the forum and reading various threads and posts its apparent alot of current STH hold a feeling of animosity to new season ticket holders at the AMEX who havnt been as regularly as the before mentioned.

So ill give you my Albion supporting credentials and id like to know if people feel i am a JCL fan. All views welcome.

Im 24, my first game at the goldstone came when my dad took me to a 4-4 draw with Orient, he took me another 8-10 times during the last 2 seasons there and i was there for the last game (and got a piece of turf :))
I went to Gillingham, again with my dad 4-5 times.
When i was at school ages 14-17 i went to about 18-22 away games (On the coach with Liz Costa) in 3 seasons and roughly the same amount of home games. After that purely because i wanted to concentrate on my own football, playing saturdays i would go 4-8 times a season up until today. Ive never had a season ticket, always supported Brighton but go when i can and can afford it.

So would i be classed as a JCL

All views welcome!

The 4-4 draw was the best game I've ever been to. It was in March 1997 though, so you can't have been to more than about 4 games at the Goldstone. Bad fan.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Welcome - and I would say be careful when you use words like "alot". There are certainly ome people on NSC hwo resent what they would call JCLs. However, my impression is that the vast amjority welcome back new and lapsed Albion supporters wherever they come from. How else will we fill The Amex. a vocal minority might give you the impresion that new season ticketholders are not welcome - but they are just that, a small, even tiny, minority.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Also there were some of these JCLS who were "fans" of other clubs getting Season Tickets and being able to pick their seats BEFORE existing Season Tix holders could choose.

All thanks to the +3 system. JCLs of course should have had to wait till last. However that debate has been done to death.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

JCL for sure as your history is all muddled.

The 4-4 Orient game was in the last season at the Goldstone, so if that was your first game you couldn't have attended "another 8-10 times during the last 2 seasons there" as there were only another 4 games at The Goldstone after that, including the Donny last game.

Sep 30, 2006
Up in the Gods
The more the merrier!! I think those "younger" supporters of other clubs who can't remember the '70's & '80's will have a shock when they realise how big a club the Albion really is.

The strait-jacket is coming off and our local club that we know & love is stirring!!

I for one can't wait to be joined by thousands upon thousands more fellow Albion supporters cheering on the lads next season.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
you shouldn't have to justify yourself on here, there are 'better supporters' than most on here who have never even read this site let alone posted on it

That

Readership and usership of this site is done by a minority of Albion fans, there is a whole world out there that gives not two hoots about what a dozen or so posters on this forum have to say. 15000 STH, and if you're here on a good day, 1% of them posting on here.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
That

Readership and usership of this site is done by a minority of Albion fans, there is a whole world out there that gives not two hoots about what a dozen or so posters on this forum have to say. 15000 STH, and if you're here on a good day, 1% of them posting on here.

I wish I had access to the same analytics about NSC usage that you do.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
We need JCL's though so I have no problem with them coming along! And no, you don't have to justify yourself to everyone to be "accepted" in

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
Does it really matter who buys an ST or who has been to Villa, Tottenham, Wet Sham. As long as they support the Albion surely that is all that matters. We need to rebuild the fan base and that is what The Amex is all about. We should really be the like a Texas Christian Cult and welcome one and all to our Holy Family.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I wish I had access to the same analytics about NSC usage that you do.

Haha, just taking a stab at it, but you certainly don't get any more than 150 different posters in a binfest about newbies and ST priority, which is what I was eluding to.

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Haha, just taking a stab at it, but you certainly don't get any more than 150 different posters in a binfest about newbies and ST priority.

For the record, NSC currently gets c8000 uniques a day. It will be interesting to see how that looks a year from now.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
you shouldn't have to justify yourself on here, there are 'better supporters' than most on here who have never even read this site let alone posted on it

One of my favourite moments as an Albion fan was watching two middle aged fans argue and then fight over who was the biggest and most loyal supporter. It happened in Shrewsbury where we finished a championship season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here