Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jason Scotland - bid by Brighton

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Exactly. I think he would more than replace Glenn Murray (I view Hoskins as a completely different player to Murray, therefore not a replacement as such).

You are certainly right there. We need someone who can perform the Murray role, and that includes providing extra defensive cover at corners and free kicks. I see Barnes and Hoskins as shoulder of the last defender players, and we need an alternative when on the ground football isn't working. Look at Southampton away last season. We were being overrun until Gus changed tactics and we went long to Wood and Murray. Sure, that is not the way we like to play, but you have to sometimes. Scotland would be ideal for that. I would of course welcome CMS, but £3 million is a lot of money when we have other areas of the team that need strengthening.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
You are certainly right there. We need someone who can perform the Murray role, and that includes providing extra defensive cover at corners and free kicks. I see Barnes and Hoskins as shoulder of the last defender players, and we need an alternative when on the ground football isn't working. Look at Southampton away last season. We were being overrun until Gus changed tactics and we went long to Wood and Murray. Sure, that is not the way we like to play, but you have to sometimes. Scotland would be ideal for that. I would of course welcome CMS, but £3 million is a lot of money when we have other areas of the team that need strengthening.

You are aware Scotland is 5'8 ? He's got great strength but hardly a similar outlet to Murray.

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
You are aware Scotland is 5'8 ? He's got great strength but hardly a similar outlet to Murray.

He's also very stocky & powerful. I wasn't suggesting constantly going long to him when comparing him to Murray, but more for hold-up play as well as certainly knowing where the goal is.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Just the type of player we need IMO, proven in the Championship and can score goals. I would be very happy with CMS or Scotland, but since our last two signings aren't necessarily proven in the Championship (yet) then I would go with Scotland.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
scotland , forssel , cms.............what about some defender ffs ........gus must think dunks is a legend in the making ffs.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
How many 32 year old strikers command a half decent fee? Only the top ones. Jason Scotland is not one of those. We need someone with some experience but a few years younger imo.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Can't believe some people on here would be anything but delighted if we signed a proven Championship striker like Scotland. He'd be a great addition to a currently leaderless strikeforce. Would love to see how Gus uses him!

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
1996–1997 San Juan Jabloteh 9 (9)
1998–2002 Defence Force 31 (30)
2003–2005 Dundee United 50 (8)
2005–2007 St. Johnstone 66 (33)
2007–2009 Swansea City 90 (45)
2009–2010 Wigan Athletic 32 (1)
2010– Ipswich Town 39 (10)
Total 317 (136)

Yes please.

That goal for Wigan was a blinder, has stayed in my memory ever since. I think he'd be a good addition to the squad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here