Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jason Scotland - bid by Brighton

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
Akinde had two EXTREMELY lucky goals against us on a very nervy night and now people want to sign him!?!? He was sub-standard for Bristol rovers and dagenham on loan, I think we should be looking MUCH higher than him, like Scotland who I would be very happy to see wear the stripes.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
It worries me that Scotland is not as good as Murray - so hardly an improvment to the team.

He is a technically much better play than Murray ever has been and has proved himself if the championship and played in the prem. Murray had one good season in a championship winning team and ever played above league 1

Well 10 goals in the Championship in am uncreative team suggests he is not over the hill and when compared to John Akinde, who I beleive was lnked with Crawley (for a reason), and look at their goal ratio's, Scotland is the clear winner. There is absolutely no way he will be on 15k per week considering our wage cap is nearer the 7.5k mark. This guy is quality. Forster came to us at 33/34 and look what he did, albeit in League 1, yet still of Championship quality and shows you can score goals over 30, especially considering he'll be in a team as good as ours.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
It worries me that Scotland is not as good as Murray - so hardly an improvment to the team.

If we did sign him it would be on the basis he is better than Muzza , no point in signing a player who doesn't give a toss.:thumbsup:

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
I can't understand why anyone would be against us signing Scotland. He was brilliant for Swansea and was decent for Ipswich last year in a very inconsistent side. He showed at the Swans that he prefers to play in a footballing side. Him and another quality striker like CMS would make a good Championship forward line with Barnes and Hoskins.

terry1

Banned
Jun 19, 2011
Patcham
I suppose he is a poor Mans Drogba. But even a poor Mans Drogba would do a job i suppose. Just hope they dont offer him a sill 3 year deal

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009

Quite agree, everyone thinks it's a good thing that Murrays gone. then start wanking over a donkey who's 5 years older and half as good.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Quite agree, everyone thinks it's a good thing that Murrays gone. then start wanking over a donkey who's 5 years older and half as good.
People who say that about Murray are jsut saying that.
I'm not sure why people seem to think Scotland's such a terrible player?

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton

How can you say he is half as good as Murray... out scored Murray last time he played in league one and has scored goals at championship level

Something Murray is yet to do

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
He's well past it, over the hill. I know we need experienced players but just think this would be a bad move. Dont know why we dont go after the fella who played for Dagenham. John Akinde, he looked a player and a half and i would imagine would be a lot lot cheaper. I know its a bit of a punt but i would rather gamble on him rather than the 15k a week scotland would want

Please tell me you're joking?
You'd rather have John Akinde on the back of ONE good game against us, who was rejected by Dagenham, Bristol Rovers, and other league 1 clubs than Jason Scotland, who's been banging in goals for fun at a higher level (bar Wigan).
As for Robbie Keane, to compare the two in terms of wages is again, quite frankly, ridiculous.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
He scored heavily for Swansea a few seasons ago, but is he the same player now? I'd be concerned that he was only a 1 in 4 striker for Ipswich at this level.

HP Seagull

Sep 26, 2008
He scored heavily for Swansea a few seasons ago, but is he the same player now? I'd be concerned that he was only a 1 in 4 striker for Ipswich at this level.

In one season, in a very inconsistent team. I'd back him to score at least 15 for us, and he wouldn't be (presumably) our main striker. He's about as good as we're realistically going to get for a second striker, presuming we make a big signing of course - I seem to remember going through this last year!

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton

Give me a break. Scotland is MUCH better than Murray ever has been or ever will be. He is proven at Championship level & would add a new dimension to our team.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I can't understand why anyone would be against us signing Scotland. He was brilliant for Swansea and was decent for Ipswich last year in a very inconsistent side. He showed at the Swans that he prefers to play in a footballing side. Him and another quality striker like CMS would make a good Championship forward line with Barnes and Hoskins.

100% this.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

I think our fans are more ambitious. I would like us to sign a younger striker with something to prove.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
I think our fans are more ambitious. I would like us to sign a younger striker with something to prove.

Problem is, so does every club in the country. The long term is something we have to prepare for and the only way we can do that is by remaining in the championship, which young, unproven talent can not always provide. We need a couple of older, wiser heads in our ranks to help improve the younger players and help steady the ship in games where we are under pressure.

HP Seagull

Sep 26, 2008

More ambitious?! Than a proven Championship striker, who isn't even our main summer signing in that position?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here