Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Japan pre season

chickens

Have you considered masterly inactivity?
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
Lots to like about both performances, though I feel like FH will have more debrief work to do re: defensive positioning after this match.

The new boys impressed, I liked Sarmiento but felt like there was a touch of the early Enciso’s about his decision-making.

I thought Ayari had incredible vision and awareness of where his teammates were, a couple of great longer passes from him.

Our attack has teeth, there’s a lot to like.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
quite an enjoyable watch, think some of our passing was sharp, one touch stuff. nice to see us look threatening at set pieces. They are friendlies but have to be happy with what Ive seen so far, the lack of jeopardy always takes the edge off , but very promising

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Hard to believe that we can now change all 11 players and nothing changes on the pitch. FH has some tough decisions to make as quite a few players will have to go out on loan/ be sold given that we still have quite a few senior players to come back?

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Lots to like about both performances, though I feel like FH will have more debrief work to do re: defensive positioning after this match.

The new boys impressed, I liked Sarmiento but felt like there was a touch of the early Enciso’s about his decision-making.

I thought Ayari had incredible vision and awareness of where his teammates were, a couple of great longer passes from him.

Our attack has teeth, there’s a lot to like.
That's an interesting, astute observation. It is exactly what someone said about him before he joined us.

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Looking good.

As well as being only a friendly, let's not forget it's still 32 degrees in Tokyo and humid. I half expected these matches to be a slow kick about so I'm pleased, and I think we can all forgive any defensive flaws given these are very alien circumstances.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Wow! We have no defence! 🤣

Jensen Weir playing centre back (as far as I know for the first time in his life) easily the best defender second half

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
It’s going to be interesting to see how this translates to playing in the Pl but it certainly has been looking attacking and fun to watch. Defence is a bit missing but we have a lot of players to come back for that so I don’t doubt it’ll improve.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Nice that we now sometimes cross the ball into the box rather than turning back and recycling it out to the opposite wing, rinse and repeat.

Interesting to see young players returning from unsuccessful loans in the Championship and League1 coming in and playing quite well. Looks like Hurzeler really means to have a midfielder playing at CB - has Weir ever played CB before in his life?

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
When you play with wing backs they have to track back and we need a mobile/ fast midfielder to provide cover.
ACD didn’t seem to be doing his tracking back early in the second half but then seemed to get the message and did. He looks to be a very good player and I’m sure will be a first teamer in time. We’ll also have Jack H in that position.
If we are going to strengthen anywhere I think a fast centre back is where I’d target, as it looks like we will play a high defensive line.

miffy6

Mar 7, 2009
1-0 Van Hecke

1-0.gif

1-1

1-1.gif

2-1 Minteh

2-1.gif

3-1 Adingra

3-1.gif

3-2

3-2.gif