Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Japan pre season

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
That's how I saw it. Admittedly it's a friendly and there's going to be a few experiments but it was noticeable that Hurzeler seems prepared to try players in new positions. Baleba was definitely playing CB as was Weir (think he's normally a midfielder?), and Moran, Buonanotte and Ayari looked to be playing CM. I think there were a few occasions when Moran, who looked good to me, was upfield beyond the striker, but he was often quite deep collecting short passes from the CBs. I might be wrong but perhaps he could become the replacement for Gilmour if he leaves? Personally I hope he doesn't persist with Baleba at CB - seems a waste of his talent/best skills but like you I'm far from an expert and if that's what the management think then I suppose they know best.

Just to add to what others have said - we've got loads of 18-22 year olds coming through. If just 10-20% are good enough for the premier league then Tony's long-term plan is going to start reaping even more benefits. And Barco is going to be a superb player for us (although I can't see him staying that long).
Baleba

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I would imagine DeZerbi was told to make do with the players he had and wait until the end of the season for a reset. Like Gus Poyet, maybe he had ideas above his station and would not accept the club’s strategy on player recruitment hence his moody demeanour in the last few months of the season. Water under the bridge now.
Totally agree, but that won't stop people wanging on about it for years!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Isn’t this the same thing the Qataris got slagged off for during the World Cup ?

So staged FFS

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Have been a bit out of the loop so missed the first friendly. To save me wading through 43 pages, am I right in thinking it was shown on the club website in the end and has there been any news on whether the same is happening this Sunday? can't find any reference to it on the site as yet.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Have been a bit out of the loop so missed the first friendly. To save me wading through 43 pages, am I right in thinking it was shown on the club website in the end and has there been any news on whether the same is happening this Sunday? can't find any reference to it on the site as yet.
Yes

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I only had time to watch the first half superb goal by the new lad I will call him Minty.
So teams can longer double up on Mitoma with this lads pace on the right. Under RDZ teams concentrated on Mitoma & March was left to do as he pleased as tbf he’s not the most deadliest winger on the planet.

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
Probably what has impressed me most, among many positive aspects, has been the pace and precision of our play. I just have the feeling that with the new boys coming in, and with our old boys as well, we’ll bamboozle the opposition like we did in our first season under RDZ. Ever optimistic me! :thumbsup:

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Probably what has impressed me most, among many positive aspects, has been the pace and precision of our play. I just have the feeling that with the new boys coming in, and with our old boys as well, we’ll bamboozle the opposition like we did in our first season under RDZ. Ever optimistic me! :thumbsup:
First couple of games maybe...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here