Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

January Transfers for MM

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Zebedee said:
Why we didn't try to sign Yeates is beyond me. No doubt McGhee views Oatway and Carpenter more highly.

:nono:

I agree, Yeates would have been a great aquisition - I'd rather have a Yeates than a Knight in my team any day.

But isn't he only on loan so available to poach if Spurs agreed a permanent deal? ???

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
227 BHA said:
I agree, Yeates would have been a great aquisition - I'd rather have a Yeates than a Knight in my team any day.

But isn't he only on loan so available to poach if Spurs agreed a permanent deal? ???

Yes, but a creative midfielder is probably not on the top of McGhee's shopping list. Hoof and chase is more his style of late. Maybe we should try Kerry Mayo in the middle of the park?

:ohmy:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
227 BHA said:

thatr might mean playing the ball to his feet though, which this team cant seem to do.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
KinkyHitler said:
thatr might mean playing the ball to his feet though, which this team cant seem to do.

Yeah but a playmaking midfielder like Yeates would bring the likes of Carole and CKR together and could just be the missing piece of the jigsaw.

Ferret/Insider - if you're reading this, give MM a nudge and remind of Yeates

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
227 BHA said:
Yeah but a playmaking midfielder like Yeates would bring the likes of Carole and CKR together and could just be the missing piece of the jigsaw.

Ferret/Insider - if you're reading this, give MM a nudge and remind of Yeates

Scored two crackers yesterday, needs to learn how to dance tho

Stoaty Ferret

Jul 11, 2003
Brighton
Yeates is a good player going forward but defensively he is a liability. Need a centre midfield who can control play in the middle. That is where we are losing games at the moment, with Hammond badly off form and Chippy not fit.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
KinkyHitler said:
The quality has gone out of our play...we are in deep shit if this trend continues.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
bakesy said:
The quality has gone out of our play...we are in deep shit if this trend continues.

cant disagree with that, you can play like that and get away with it but not when you let in soft goals

Last edited:

Redhead

Jul 21, 2005
The Mighty 'ford
Deon Burton handed in a transfer request he wouldn't be that expensive and while he's not the best striker in the world he's no worse than what we've got and has (sort of) a decent pedigree as a striker.

Last edited:

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Redhead said:
while he's not the best striker in the world he's no worse than what we've got..

In that case we don't need him then.

We're overloaded with mediocre forwards - we need someone who's better than what we've got not just as bad!

caz

Aug 10, 2005
Zebedee said:
Yes, but a creative midfielder is probably not on the top of McGhee's shopping list. Hoof and chase is more his style of late. Maybe we should try Kerry Mayo in the middle of the park?

Nicholas plays the ball at feet level and has accurate passing, but McGhee prefers to play Hoof and chase, which made Nicholas look as he was not trying and some of you thought he was playing well. Which he was.

:ohmy:
:angry: :rolleyes:

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
twickers said:
Can someone clarify, I thought I'd read some money had been made available to MM to get a striker in January, but I'm not too clear on that or the magnitude of £ if any made available. Anyone the wiser on this or was it loan wages?

Quoted by McGhee again after our sinking at Saints..

"We desperately need two or three players and the chairman is working hard to find me the funds for the transfer window."

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Re: Re: January Transfers for MM

twickers said:
Quoted by McGhee again after our sinking at Saints..

"We desperately need two or three players and the chairman is working hard to find me the funds for the transfer window."

It used to be just one player we needed. He was quoted earlier in the season saying "just one player away from being a midtable team" :down:

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
Re: Re: Re: January Transfers for MM

BarrelofFun said:
It used to be just one player we needed. He was quoted earlier in the season saying "just one player away from being a midtable team" :down:

Should read...

"We desperately need 10 or 11 players and the chairman is working hard to find me the funds for the transfer window."

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Re: Re: Re: January Transfers for MM

BarrelofFun said:

Might have something to do with all the injurues we've got.

We need a midifielder who can command the middle of tha park, doesn't need to be creative as such, as Seb or Frutos are more than capable.

Mcwhatsit isn't going to gob off about having money, he'll do the opposite, make everyone think that our first offer is our only offer as the ain't any more money.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here