Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

January transfer window...

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
You don't think the amount of games someones been to should partly determine how relevant their opinion is?

For me, it depends on how they frame their opinion.

If they make it clear that their opinion is based on listening on the radio/player, reading the match report in the argus, highlights, report from a friend who wet, reports on here from people who went, then their opinion should be as relevant as anyone who went to see the game.

On the other hand, why should going make an opinion more valid? What if the person who went has no idea about football and the guy who sat at home listening on the radio has the nous to read between the lines, to listen to how the game is played and see through the commentary clichés to get a great picture of the game in his head and use his football knowledge to analyse the game?

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Fair enough. I assumed less seeing how you always seem to have comments on the 'match thread'.

You don't think the amount of games someones been to should partly determine how relevant their opinion is?

Does that mean all the fans from Australia have meaningless opinions?

I understand where you're coming from, and yeah, you probably have a better grasp of who's been playing well and who's been playing badly etc.
But paying £70 odd quid for the privilege of spending 3 hours on the train then sit there in the freezing cold for 2 hours watching a terrible game in a terrible atmosphere where 90% of the players don't give a shit every other week doesn't appeal that much to me.
Maybe it could be viewed that my opinion doesn't matter as much as yours then, but ultimately i want the best for my club, and i'll say what i think, regardless of what the people who go week in week out think about it.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Dennis Wise at the game today, with a collegue I didn't recognise, rumours spreading around today of offers from a Spanish club For Poyet, big transfer funds apparently being offered to Gus. I think we are possibly at a start of a silly season.

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
For me, it depends on how they frame their opinion.

If they make it clear that their opinion is based on listening on the radio/player, reading the match report in the argus, highlights, report from a friend who wet, reports on here from people who went, then their opinion should be as relevant as anyone who went to see the game.

On the other hand, why should going make an opinion more valid? What if the person who went has no idea about football and the guy who sat at home listening on the radio has the nous to read between the lines, to listen to how the game is played and see through the commentary clichés to get a great picture of the game in his head and use his football knowledge to analyse the game?

Fair points and I agree with you on both counts. As you say there is a lot of contextual dependence.

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
Dennis Wise at the game today, with a collegue I didn't recognise, rumours spreading around today of offers from a Spanish club For Poyet, big transfer funds apparently being offered to Gus. I think we are possibly at a start of a silly season.

If that club is Real Zaragoza as has been stated previously then they are actually 80million+ in debt & suffering boardroom & fan discontent. There is no more money either. Gus was a hero there & probably still is but he has already said he wants to stay (if the chairman wants him ) & see the job through.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
The transfer window is where Poyet really needs to pull at least two (and maybe up to four) real impact signings to make us competetive for the rest of the season. The players are out there, after all Murray and McNulty were signe in Jan transfer windows.

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
I reckon we need a keeper, right back, left back, two centre backs, right mid, left mid, two centre mid's, and two strikers.

Get quality players in each of these positions and we're laughing!

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
3 Spurs youngsters who are out on loan:
Calum Butcher centre back at Barnet
Angros Townsend wide midfield at Orient
Who is the possible full back

I think there's 3 at Yeovil.
Hope rumour is true- we're 3 hungry, talented, young players away from turning things around, whatever people would like to think.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here