Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

January transfer window requirements....

SeafordBHA

Aug 13, 2011
Definatly need a centre back who's up to this level and maybe low prem. Must have pace and needs to be good on the ball or good in the air. Big ask to get someone with both at our level.

Centre Midfield don't think we need, unless we can get someone who is big, strong and athletic, maybe someone of the Yaya Toure/Mo Diame mould but obviously those 2 are out the question. Probably likely to be an african player, or like Watford had Chalobah for example.

Striker is obviously main priority at the moment. Almost anyone who can score goals will do, still not sure on this target man for CMS. Poyet's obviously never going to play that system (vokes wasnt bad last year and CMS didn't change when they ever did play together), and it still doesn't excuse CMS missing sitters when he's alone in the box. Need a clinical finisher and we'll be fine. If we had someone who would put away half the chances we make, no one would be moaning about our midfield and wingers taking chances!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Midfielder with a bit of pace and drive - Williams from Palace would be brilliant

Or Ross Barkley on loan from Everton. Going to be a top player, didn't fit in at Sheffield Wednesday but exactly what we need. JFC has the ability to establish himself in our team given a chance. With Sparrow and now Harley going out, there's room for both. Is Hammond only here until january? I wouldn't keep him on, spend the wages elsewhere.

Also, I would snap up Tom Pope. Gamble yes, but ask Port Vale fans, he has the talent to play higher and I think he could adapt. He needs strong management though.

Also, if we sell CMS, I want Jamie Mackie from QPR. They'll sell so Harry can wheel and deal.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Greer, as much as I like him, looks to be one season too much now. Not commanding enough and getting beating too often in the air. We need 2 strikers in my opinion. JFC and Agdestein also need to be given some match time as does Hoskins and Dobbie. ..... And stop this f***ing about with one up front bollocks.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Greer, as much as I like him, looks to be one season too much now. Not commanding enough and getting beating too often in the air. We need 2 strikers in my opinion. JFC and Agdestein also need to be given some match time as does Hoskins and Dobbie. ..... And stop this f***ing about with one up front bollocks.

The formation has to change if we harbour realistic promotion aspirations

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Definatly need a centre back who's up to this level and maybe low prem. Must have pace and needs to be good on the ball or good in the air. Big ask to get someone with both at our level.

Centre Midfield don't think we need, unless we can get someone who is big, strong and athletic, maybe someone of the Yaya Toure/Mo Diame mould but obviously those 2 are out the question. Probably likely to be an african player, or like Watford had Chalobah for example.

Striker is obviously main priority at the moment. Almost anyone who can score goals will do, still not sure on this target man for CMS. Poyet's obviously never going to play that system (vokes wasnt bad last year and CMS didn't change when they ever did play together), and it still doesn't excuse CMS missing sitters when he's alone in the box. Need a clinical finisher and we'll be fine. If we had someone who would put away half the chances we make, no one would be moaning about our midfield and wingers taking chances!

But if you look at the match time they barely played together at all, certainly not enough to form any sort of partnership. It was 10 minutes here, 20 minutes there with them playing together most games.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Greer, as much as I like him, looks to be one season too much now. Not commanding enough and getting beating too often in the air.

Totally disagree with all the abuse of Gordon Greer, his level of performance is consistently high. Replacing him in the team is not a priority, we need the striker first and foremost and then a midfielder too.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Totally disagree with all the abuse of Gordon Greer, his level of performance is consistently high. Replacing him in the team is not a priority, we need the striker first and foremost and then a midfielder too.

I think the issue with both of our centre backs is lack of pace. You could see how easily AEA was exposed by Vydra's pace for Watford's 3rd goal. Any decent balls through the channels and we are struggling.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I think the issue with both of our centre backs is lack of pace. You could see how easily AEA was exposed by Vydra's pace for Watford's 3rd goal. Any decent balls through the channels and we are struggling.

And I would advocate replacing El-Abd with a defender with pace, should we sign one. But Greer? He is our best defender in every respect, his place won't be lost to a potential new signing. I've been thinking a lot about who would tick all the boxes but I can't really think of one. Admittedly, I haven't had months to think about nothing but a potential new centre back signing like our scouts have, but I'm hoping they've had better luck than I have.

Michael Keane on loan from Man Utd perhaps? He looked pretty handy against Chelsea in the League Cup, 6 months Championship experience would do him good. He looked quite tall too, could tick a lot of boxes but lacks experience.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

You see a different Greer to me, that's all I can say.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
You see a different Greer to me, that's all I can say.

It deffinitely seems that way. I've made a point of watching him more recently to see whether I'm just missing it... but I really don't think I am, I just think he's become a bit of a target.

Ultimately though, his age and lack of pace combined means we probably need to replace him in the summer in order to keep improving, but that doesn't make him a player on the decline. He could go to another Championship club and do really well, but if we're looking at the top 6 as a minimum next year (as we should be), then we will need to replace him.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
As the signing of Ulloa looks like it is about to be completed, Vicente is back fit (sort of) and assuming there are no first team departures, are you expecting any more arrivals in the transfer window or are we done?

Personally I would be surprised to see anyone else come in, but I wouldn't be upset if we signed another CB with a bit more pace.

Do we need to strengthen anywhere else to make our play-off push?

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
It's not a necessity but I'd like to see a new, young keeper bought in to give the big pole some competition on goal. Can't see Ankergren or Sexy Pete being here after summer tbh...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here