Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

January transfer window requirements....

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Keep Buckley at all costs
Get Vicente fit
Sign another Mark Lawrenson
Train Lualua to be another Peter Ward (or sign Vydra)

and that elusive left-footed centre-forward that can head the ball. Failing that sign Zaha!

All players under 23 please.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Fast winger and proven goal scorer please!

How about Murray and Noone? Just think if we had them!

It's like they've been released from prison, All that pent up frustration, now they can run about freely in the wide open spaces of a football field without ten defenders in front of them all the time

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Watford ruthlessly exposed our weaknesses yesterday - they parked the bus when we were attacking and broke extremely quickly when not. That is what needs addressing I reckon - new, quick, central defenders who play higher up the pitch and more attacking nous.

It may be that getting central defence sorted fixes the other problem as well, as Bridcutt etc could play higher up the pitch, but extra clout up front will not harm us.

We are very reliant on Buckley at the moment attacking wise. Orlandi is obviously a classy player when fit. Dave is very hit and miss as is Lua Lua, but he looked our biggest threat last night. CMS I will reserve judgement on based on last night as he hardly got the ball in a threatening area - his one run in the second half in their box was classy, though.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
On lastnights showing its not just 2 players we need its more like 6,7 just to get a team that can compete ... midfield is 2-3 decent players short ,, crofts, hammond , dave, can all go not good enough ... another classy cent def and left back cover and of course 2 if not 3 strikers still required and thats without the players that could be leaving to free up the money to enable any signings to be made

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
There's a fair few I'd like to have a look at.

What we will get will be a mixture of journeymen and lower league potentials who will soon bear the sobriquet " not quite ready for the step up yet" and will promptly go on a season long loan at Plymouth or somewhere equally shithouse where they will go on to break the leagues scoring record.

GAZTASTIC

Sep 17, 2010
HOVE - JUST
Keep Buckley at all costs
Get Vicente fit
Sign another Mark Lawrenson
Train Lualua to be another Peter Ward (or sign Vydra)

and that elusive left-footed centre-forward that can head the ball. Failing that sign Zaha!

All players under 23 please.

We definitely need more pace in the centre of the defence, which means GP could be persuaded to set up less defensively. However, I'm expecting nothing more than a swap CMS for Simeon Jackson with cash adjustment. If Benno was thrown in I would feel a bit better about it.

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants
We dont need anymore midfielders! Half our problem is the amount of those on our books already. And even if we did, Gus has brought in about twenty of them already so if we still havent got what we need I dont think we are ever going to get the right one on his watch.

Quite right Albion Dan, we don't need any more midfielders of the type we have, but we do need attacking ones.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Central defender with natural pace, 6 foot plus, strong in the air and on the ground technically.

A change of tactics in central midfield, either get Forster-Caskey back and involved, or shift Orlandi into a more responsible central midfield role. Failing either, get in an experienced central midfielder with pace, technical class and presence in the centre.

Proper striker to play WITH Mackail-Smith and not instead of. Strong, quick and a finisher.

Seahaven FM DJ said this afternoon that he had met supprters leaving the Watford game and gathered that what Albion needed was "a target man". Then admitted on air that he didn't know exactly what that meant.

But surely a "proper striker" has to be able to hold the ball up, a la Toshack to CMS as Keegan (forgive the ancient comparison). Didn't CMS have that system at Peterboro when he was so prolific?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here