Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

January transfer window arriving just in time...

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
I have at no time suggested spending big money and as you say yeah just buy buy buy. In fact I have suggested the opposite keep the money until the summer If you read my post you will see I said buy Rajiv Van La Parre transfer market value him at €1.5m but James Meredith left back at Bradford City, mentioned previously by some, is valued at €7.65m, so cant see him being on the shopping list as back up at that price. Other than that I have said keep Wilson for the rest of the season and bring back our injured players and the squad would be ok to win this division, with what we have already.

James Meredith is valued by Transfermarkt at £107k. Are you sure you didn't look up James Wilson by mistake?

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/james-meredith/profil/spieler/48111

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Not always entirely his choice. If they decide to accept an offer then it's wide open. He has to.saybthat while he's at the club

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Most of those teams have to go to Loftus Rd and QPR will be chasing the play offs. Still lots of twists and turns to come.

QPR are hopefully due a big fat punishment after their blatant ignoring of FFP. Perhaps this will mean a points deduction and huge fine leaving them as mid-table without Charlie Austin. Fingers crossed.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
That we will strengthen. I thought it was a very encouraging interview. Bloom knows this is the best opportunity for the club to go up for a long time and it sounded like they are really thinking about what we may need for the rest of the season. Prepare for signings.

That's a very interesting post. I didn't know that Bloom had come out and done a press conference yesterday. He and CH had met up and had a meeting yesterday.

Consequently, to make a claim openly in the Press that they are going to make signings in January after that meeting, I think you can probably safely believe it will happen because both of them like to keep things close to their chest and not promise what they might not be able to deliver. The fact that Bloom is openly promising signings. Well I think they must be confident of landing some targets.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
That's a very interesting post. I didn't know that Bloom had come out and done a press conference yesterday. He and CH had met up and had a meeting yesterday.

Consequently, to make a claim openly in the Press that they are going to make signings in January after that meeting, I think you can probably safely believe it will happen because both of them like to keep things close to their chest and not promise what they might not be able to deliver. The fact that Bloom is openly promising signings. Well I think they must be confident of landing some targets.
Also, Tony has always told us in the past that he dislikes to sign players in January.

So it is very significant that he has given an interview where he explicitly takes the opposite position this season, talking about how it 'makes sense to strengthen from a position of strength'.

He didn't even need to give the interview and could have said nothing until after the transfer window anyway.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
My GUESS is that a South American striker, and a RVLP loan extension/purchase are already done.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide

Also, Tony has always told us in the past that he dislikes to sign players in January.

So it is very significant that he has given an interview where he explicitly takes the opposite position this season, talking about how it 'makes sense to strengthen from a position of strength'.

He didn't even need to give the interview and could have said nothing until after the transfer window anyway.

My GUESS is that a South American striker, and a RVLP loan extension/purchase are already done.

think you are both getting ahead of yourselves a bit - all he said was that he could see the benefit of strengthening from a position of strength. it wasn't a press conference, it was a stage managed player interview. don't get me wrong, i think he will spend some money if we can get the right players but i doubt anything is certain or already in the bag. happy to be wrong.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
I can see that from both sides but whilst viewing it with caution I can't imagine Bloom giving that interview on player if he wasn't very confident of signings

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Florin Andone would be a good shout. 22 year old Romanian full international striker. Plying his trade in the Spanish Segunda Division. 8 goals already this season.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I can see that from both sides but whilst viewing it with caution I can't imagine Bloom giving that interview on player if he wasn't very confident of signings
I agree, Bloom is very cautious with his public statements on the subject of signings so this must mean a couple are already in the bag.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here