Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jan Paul van Hecke - contracted to June 2027

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
It was a very different game by then. Anyway, Webster always has a ricket in him on his first game back so I'd back him to have a worldie if he plays on Sunday.
He’s had a lot of first games back

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
You can always guarantee the weakest area of the pitch squad wise will get the injuries. Last year was full backs. This year will be CB's. It's the rules

Almost be half tempted to put Veltman at CB . Big mistake not signing better back up

Have we any decent kids CB coming through ?

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Mad we didn't sign a CB.
Meh. We got Dunk, Van Hecke, Veltman, Webster and Igor. Five established central defenders, probably more than any other team. Sure, Van Hecke is the best of the lot, but plenty of very good options + Igor.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Meh. We got Dunk, Van Hecke, Veltman, Webster and Igor. Five established central defenders, probably more than any other team. Sure, Van Hecke is the best of the lot, but plenty of very good options + Igor.
Yeah, really tricky to entice a top grade CB knowing almost certainly that he would behind Dunk and JPvH. Personally I would have bought a CB to start instead of Dunk but I can imagine the outcry of that had happened.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Baleba alongside Dunk for me. He has the pace and physicality to do a job. Short term fix, got to be a better option than either Igor or Webster.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Baleba alongside Dunk for me. He has the pace and physicality to do a job. Short term fix, got to be a better option than either Igor or Webster.
Can he play the offside trap though? It was clear against Chelsea that Estupiñán and Kadıoğlu really struggled keeping in line with the centra back. Velts and Van Hecke had managed to do this ok although you could argue that the goals conceded against Man Utd and the 2nd against Forest were down to failures of the offside trap.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Can he play the offside trap though? It was clear against Chelsea that Estupiñán and Kadıoğlu really struggled keeping in line with the centra back. Velts and Van Hecke had managed to do this ok although you could argue that the goals conceded against Man Utd and the 2nd against Forest were down to failures of the offside trap.
I agree, it's asking a huge amount of an inexperienced player. It's also a concern I had about Hinsh, but he stepped in remarkably well.

I sort of think we shouldn't chop and change our back 4 more than injury dictates we have to. If we're playing the Dixon Adams, Bould, Winterburn step forward with arms in the air sort of game, we need consistency of selection. The back line will need to know and trust each other

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
I think and hope Webster will get the nod

Will Pedro be back or are we playing without two or more of our best players in their positions as seems to be happening yet again but very early in the season :down:

Have the medical team walked out again? :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here