Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jan Paul van Hecke - contracted to June 2027

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I keep thinking he's signed a new deal when I see this thread bounced :nono: A Chelsea-style 9 year deal will do.

Ah well, another opportunity to say he is f***ing quality. I'm certain he will go on to be the best defender to ever play for us (I never saw Lawrenson play so I can't really judge or claim that, but still) let's just hope his peak years are with us... I can't see a scenario where Chelsea, City and Liverpool aren't in for him next summer tbh.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Football is ultimately a very simple game and sometimes, just sometimes, ping in a quick dangerous cross and the ball ends up in the net. We move the ball much quicker now but I still think sometimes we overplay things. I demand at least two JPvH dangerous crosses per match for the rest of the season - he's rapidly becoming my favourite player.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Surely the next step in his path to perfection is to stop being completely useless in the opposition penalty area. Just like Webster he is seemingly allergic to heading the ball into the goal.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
I keep thinking he's signed a new deal when I see this thread bounced :nono: A Chelsea-style 9 year deal will do.

Ah well, another opportunity to say he is f***ing quality. I'm certain he will go on to be the best defender to ever play for us (I never saw Lawrenson play so I can't really judge or claim that, but still) let's just hope his peak years are with us... I can't see a scenario where Chelsea, City and Liverpool aren't in for him next summer tbh.
If Chelsea had sold us Colwill I imagine he would have been moved on, every cloud…..

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton

Lawro was VvD, without the dip since injury. World class in the best team in the world.
JP is closing in on being our best CB since.
Given time though...

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Their first goal was JPVH having a miscommunication with Estupiñan, and he was almost at fault for another goal when we tracked the wrong player during a Forest break.

He's a very good defender for his age (better than Dunk, which is saying something), but I think he's a few years from the top just yet.
Agreed.

Let's not go overboard. He's an incredibly talented young player. His rate of improvement is incredible. But he's still got lots of work to do on his game.

There's every reason to think he will be a Champions League level player at one of the biggest clubs in Europe in a few years. At the moment, he needs his feet on the ground, to stay fit and get a run of games to properly learn his trade

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here