Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jamie Smith

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
I read in the argus that jamie smith is expected to leave in January and I can't help but think we've lost a player with massive potential from what I've seen of him he was very good and at burgess hill he was good I think a chance to prove himself should be taken in the next few months because he can't doing a worse job than the current midfield

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
I think we would be losing a great player, he started to show it at the start of last season MAYBE he just isn't ready or good enough for the championship. He would be a cracking signing for anyone in league one if we were to lose him.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
don't know why I'm suprised , we bought in a host of decent players and he got overlooked - a massive shame if true :(

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
A very good player technically, I just wonder if phyisically he's up to the rigours of the championship?
I can't help but think too he did nothing to help his cause last season when he let Lua Lua take his place in the team & didn't fight to get back in.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
He clearly showed he was good enough to play for us last year, not sure if he's Championship standard but he hasn't been given a go. Perhaps there's something behind the scenes Gus doesn't like. Shame

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Good player who after a superb start last season faded badly and going by what Gus has said about him can't get back to the form he was showing last season. Shame but a move would be best for both parties

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
It is a shame. I guess there will be a few moving on. Would we get a fee for him?

Sep 19, 2011
Cuckfield
It is a shame. I guess there will be a few moving on. Would we get a fee for him?

Out of contract in January I believe

If we have serious aspirations to be challenging for the Premier League, then Jamie Smith is plainly not going to be good enough. Keeping players on for sentimental value held us back in the past so it's refreshing to see Gus clearing out the dead wood no matter how harsh it may be or whether he had a good spell for a couple of games last season

Could easily do a job towards the bottom of League One/League Two and that is where you'd expect him to end up

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Out of contract in January I believe

If we have serious aspirations to be challenging for the Premier League, then Jamie Smith is plainly not going to be good enough. Keeping players on for sentimental value held us back in the past so it's refreshing to see Gus clearing out the dead wood no matter how harsh it may be or whether he had a good spell for a couple of games last season

Could easily do a job towards the bottom of League One/League Two and that is where you'd expect him to end up

Interested to know why you think he would only be good for a bottom of L1 or L2 team? When he played for us last season he was quality. One of our best players at Southampton, along with Murray when he came on

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Came on away at Saints and changed the game. In fact looked exactly like the type of player we are despeartely looking for.

Big shame imo.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
It's easy for a mediocre player to look good in an exceptional team.

Decent player but he won't make it with us.

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
I'm sure he's been given a fair chance and Gus knows what he's capable of or not as the case may be. If he doesn't impress in training then he won't get the chance when it arises.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Half decent player, but if KLL has been struggling for strength in the Championship, then Jamie is just going to be muscled out of the game

Sep 19, 2011
Cuckfield
Interested to know why you think he would only be good for a bottom of L1 or L2 team? When he played for us last season he was quality. One of our best players at Southampton, along with Murray when he came on

You've pretty much given why I don't think he could play for a top League One side with the term "when he played for us". Because it wasn't very often was it? We were one of the best three sides in League One last season, yet apart from a three game run at the start of the season, he couldn't get in (injury accepted for the second half of the campaign). Even when LuaLua did his leg and we needed a creative replacement, he still couldn't get in. Even in the FA Cup in which we played weakened teams, the likes of Gary Hart and Cristian Baz were starting ahead of him

If he was good enough for a top League One side, then he would have shown it regularly for us. I'd love to be proven wrong and maybe was a bit harsh saying bottom of League One, but I couldn't see him being a regular starter in a side that has aspirations of being anywhere above mid table in that division

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here