Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

James Milner shouts abuse at the linesman

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Just seen James Milner shout this at a linesman quite clearly after not getting a decision. If you were an official would you just send them straight off? I would. How are they allowed to get away with it?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Straight red if it were me in charge.

EDIT: Then again I would have sent Djeko off for faking injury as well.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Straight red if it were me in charge.

EDIT: Then again I would have sent Djeko off for faking injury as well.

sending off for me too but then that muppet fergie says exactly what he likes to refs and refs assistants and gets away with it

no consistency

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
At Withdean I heard our players make similar - if not far worse - remarks to the referee's assistants. No action was ever taken.

Can't hear if it still goes on at the Amex.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Should be a red. Would be in park football

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
Removed in the light of Bozza's posting on swearing.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'd have kick the arse in the goolies first, then sent him off.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Priority should be sending off the divers and drama queens. If an official can't take a bit of abuse he should think twice about putting himself in front of chavs who happen to be good at football and think they're invincible as they have millions but still council estate mentality.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Priority should be sending off the divers and drama queens. If an official can't take a bit of abuse he should think twice about putting himself in front of chavs who happen to be good at football and think they're invincible as they have millions but still council estate mentality.

Linesman should give it some back

''Shut your f***ing mouth Milner ya twat or I'll shove my flag up your arse''

If players want to give it they have to take it too.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
And he gave that abuse when the linesman made the right decision!

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Language gets worse as you move up the leagues, it isn't a new thing it's always been the case.

In park football you just get sent off, the pros are allowed to get away with it and it's just become the done thing. Remember the David Ellery mic experiment :lolol:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Just seen James Milner shout this at a linesman quite clearly after not getting a decision. If you were an official would you just send them straight off? I would. How are they allowed to get away with it?

Well done for starting a thread with that title and finding a way not to get an NSC ban.

jjt1976

Dec 29, 2009
Funny someone saying the Lino or ref should give it straight back, I played this morning for my Sunday side and one of their players starting giving the red abuse and swearing at him after not getting a decision and the ref just told him to shut the f*** up and get on with the game the player looked shocked but soon shut up and carried on.

Jul 7, 2003
swindon, wilts
As a referee, my linesman are told to report foul & abusive language aimed at them from players, and I will have no hestitation in sending off the offending player. All players are warned before the kick off that this type of behaviour to officials will not be accepted. If the linesman does not report it then the referee cannot act on it.
Any young players watching the game often think this is par for the course, and then show little respect for the officials when they play.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here