Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jakub Moder

pigmanovich

Good Old Sausage by the Sea
Mar 16, 2024
London
I have been a little surprised this week how much importance people are placing on the Cowabunga Cup. You win you get through it doesn't have to be pretty or season defining.
I'm less interested in getting through in a pretty way and more concerned that if we make the same mistakes against a stronger side, be it in the next round or the league, we'll be punished properly. But Fabi and the players have both admitted there is room for improvement so I'm sure these issues are being addressed in training.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
We're five games from Europe! Why is it surprising that some people regard it as important?
You need to calm down old fella.

The National League Cup starts next month. There are "must win" fixtures against Aldershot, Maidenhead, Wealdstone and Woking.

and we have an away draw in the Sussex Senior Cup where we will be the away side at Withdean (AFC Varndeanians) https://www.brightonandhovealbion.c...ion-to-play-varndeanians-in-sussex-senior-cup

Try not to spread your glory hunting too thinly you will do yourself a mischief.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
The way I would look at this is that he's missed a full year and a half through injury and was heavily managed for 6 months after that.

That's the whole age 22 to 24 development time lost.

He can still make up for this lost time if he stays fit and starts getting games. But while his development years were lost, ours weren't. There is no prospect of Jakub getting the games he needs here now and should have been moved on in the summer and will be in winter.

But I don't think this means he was a failed signing. At age of 21, there was every reason to think his development curve would have led to him being a top half PL midfielder and first choice CM for Poland by now. It just didn't work out.

I'm not even sure he'll play another Carabao Cup game. Milner will likely slot in ahead of him. Yasin's development is on the charge. O'Reilly will be back if we make the latter stages. Wieffer is getting up to speed and Hinsh might find himself free to slot into midfield.

I think we've likely seen the last of Moder.
"O'Reilly" now ranks alongside "Houghton" as phantom employees of the club.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

The National League Cup starts next month. There are "must win" fixtures against Aldershot, Maidenhead, Wealdstone and Woking.

and we have an away draw in the Sussex Senior Cup where we will be the away side at Withdean (AFC Varndeanians) https://www.brightonandhovealbion.c...ion-to-play-varndeanians-in-sussex-senior-cup

Try not to spread your glory hunting too thinly you will do yourself a mischief.
I thought the club had also pointed out that they want a bit of meaningful silverware!

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Try not to spread your glory hunting too thinly you will do yourself a mischief
Ermm ............................ those are U21 fixtures, an entirely different kettle of fish.
The National League Cup is an excellent chance for our youngsters to gain experience of competitive football against senior teams - and not involved in any sort of quest for Europe.
The Sussex Senior Cup is U21s too - though normally an U18 side rather than U21s - and something we've been taking in our stride quite happily (and often successfully) for years. And like the National League Cup, nothing further resting on it.

So what exactly have I got to 'stay calm' about? I am calm! :thumbsup: :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here