Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jakub Moder

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I will be supporting Poland and Belgium in the Euros...will be great to see teams with Albion players involved....poor Gareth Southsh1t. He has such an array of talent in blue and white stripes to pick from and chooses Mings and McGuire.....T0$$p0t!

And Dier. Don't forget Dier. :lol::lol::lol:

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Was highlights. Was there and Biss was amazing; clearly got under skin of several City players. Dunno touch map but guarantee was far greater than Moder. Moder was very good in patches.

Yes - Biss was amazing. He has an incredible ability to win the ball back. He really upset several of the Man City primadonas. If only he could shoot!!

hoof hearted

Sep 14, 2019
I will be supporting Poland and Belgium in the Euros...will be great to see teams with Albion players involved....poor Gareth Southsh1t. He has such an array of talent in blue and white stripes to pick from and chooses Mings and McGuire.....T0$$p0t!

TNBA

TTF

Was Southgate at the Amex to watch this game? I expect he was at the Chelsea v Leicester game.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

TNBA

TTF
Not supporting Veltman in the Dutch squad ?

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
He’s done OK since he arrived, nothing special.
Last night he took it up a level.
We’ve got another genuine talent, based on that performance.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Was outstanding last night (and in previous games). The natural heir to Bissouma when he leaves.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Was outstanding last night (and in previous games). The natural heir to Bissouma when he leaves.

I think so.

All the talk of Caicedo is premature.

White is a better centre back than CM. Leave him to compete for a place there.

Lallana should start CM when fit

It's between Moder, Gross, MacAllister and Alzate for the other place .... and that is the order I would currently place them in

I should add Yves isn't gone yet and there are threads, I understand, discussing this possibility.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
We need Webster to swap squad numbers with Moder. Then we can sing;
"Jakub Mo-der number four, halleluuuujah..."

Someone scream for the "Song Police!"

May 5, 2020
Sussex
He looks the absolute business.
Strength,power,passing accuracy,skills but the best thing was his determination to get behind their defence and get in some really quality passes into the box.
He was fantastic.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
He was outstanding last night. I'll be very interested to see how he gets on in the upcoming Euros.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I was hoping he'd have a thread.

Was in the ESU on the halfway line last night so his first half work was right in front of me. Boy did he put a shift in. Plus he looked one of the more creative of our players too. Though he was on the other side in the second half it was clear he was pushed right up and still being a total nuisance. We doubled up on them on our left - normally a Pep trick.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
I've said for a while I think the reason we have so many centre backs and centre midfielders on the books is so that we have ready made replacements when players leave. I think Moder is clearly ready to fill the gap whenever Bissouma leaves. I would imagine any "replacement" we sign in the aftermath of a Bissouma departure would be a young player with potential who's not ready for first team football. He'll go into our development system and we'll start building him up, ready for the time when Moder moves on. And then the cycle will repeat.

Moder has been really great this season, I can only see him improving and getting better next season. Fantastic to see.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Was Southgate at the Amex to watch this game? I expect he was at the Chelsea v Leicester game.

No, he had an early night – needs to be fully focussed for tonight. Mings and Dier at the same game. Poor Gareth might soil himself with excitement.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
I'm not gloating about being there last night, but seeing a game live you appreciate the players more and see so much more than the TV camera's show. Moder was superb, I doubt the TV did him justice. Bearing in mind he's playing 'out of position' the future looks good.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I've said for a while I think the reason we have so many centre backs and centre midfielders on the books is so that we have ready made replacements when players leave. I think Moder is clearly ready to fill the gap whenever Bissouma leaves. I would imagine any "replacement" we sign in the aftermath of a Bissouma departure would be a young player with potential who's not ready for first team football. He'll go into our development system and we'll start building him up, ready for the time when Moder moves on. And then the cycle will repeat.

Moder has been really great this season, I can only see him improving and getting better next season. Fantastic to see.

I think the idea behind Caicedo is to be that player after next (not Bissouma's replacement)

Then after we've flogged Caicedo for £100m in 5 years, it will be Jenks, then Moran to take the mantle. The pipeline you referred to is very much already in place.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here