Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

jake wright

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Don't blame - he seems to be the only player who has good press from the pre- season friendlies, I reckon Mcghee wants revenge for us nicking Graeme Smith or maybe Gannon wants him?

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
sounds half decent, centre back who can play left back when needed (just like someone we sold last week!). How much will he cost though if Crawley have already turned down bids? Would expect something to happen by Saturday and also whether we are doing a deal with Spiller, Navarro et al.

Lets hope he costs us less than we got for Lynch!!!

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Personally, if he has other offers on the table then I can see him choosing them other us. They'd offer him first-team football, we'd only be bringing him in as back-up.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
According to Dean White on the Argus website, we are "in the driving seat" to sign Wright.

Also says we are interested in Billy Sharp and have decided not to sign the Greek left back and Spiller.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
billy sharp is a prize cock. no thanks.

this wright sounds okay though. but i think i'd be put off slightly if i was him, as it seems like we only really want him as cover until the mac is back. can't see him getting much of a chance at centre half. can he play right back? he could put pressure on whing maybe - i like whing but he's not exactly a great footballing right back is he, more of a battler. i would like to see cook given a chance this season at right back also.

on the subject of falmer captain. that's nailed on in my view. step forwards mr tommy elphic

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Personally, if he has other offers on the table then I can see him choosing them other us. They'd offer him first-team football, we'd only be bringing him in as back-up.

McNulty will have to win his place back and I would hope that Wright would make it as hard as possible. Don't think Slade will be into cronism - every player will fight for his place

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
With the announcement of Spiller would have thought something would have been decided about the other trialists (Smith and Navarro) don't seem to have played as many minutes as Spiller but yet are still here. Our midfield looks weak with only 10 days to go

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
McNulty will have to win his place back and I would hope that Wright would make it as hard as possible. Don't think Slade will be into cronism - every player will fight for his place

especially as slade didn't sign McNulty. he arrived with craig 'i missed this chance on monday' davies on deadline day. he'll probably turn out to be turd anyway. just like the rest of adams' special picks.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
especially as slade didn't sign McNulty. he arrived with craig 'i missed this chance on monday' davies on deadline day. he'll probably turn out to be turd anyway. just like the rest of adams' special picks.

:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

McNulty in his couple of games showed more promise and determination than the rest of the squad.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
With the announcement of Spiller would have thought something would have been decided about the other trialists (Smith and Navarro) don't seem to have played as many minutes as Spiller but yet are still here. Our midfield looks weak with only 10 days to go

I think Smith will get a deal. Not too sure on AN though.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I only saw the Crawley game, but on that evidence I would have offered Spiller a contract...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here