Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

jake wright

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
i thought he looked quite good,did ok at left back looked very comfortable on the ball made some decent clearences

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
yer but was about the only one from where i was standing

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Says a lot for Lloyds scouting system that we have to play Crawley before we spot a local talent. In addition, at least 2 other Crawley players have recently gone on to better things, but not with the Albion.

gruntage

Jan 14, 2008
Bristol
Jake was definatly Albions MoM imo.

played really well and looked comfortable on the ball. solid down the wing as well.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
I think we must be pretty hot on signing him seeing as we have so few games to try people in the left back position, I wouldn't be surprised to see him sign and cover for Mcnulty and then possibly push for a centre back spot.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Let's hope TB gets his cheque book out soonest to sign a LB... sounds like this guy has played well both against (which I saw) and for us (which I didn't)... so maybe the answer... will cost us though...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Cost us yes...

But adaptable and can play in a variety of positions across the back...

I would say quality.....Maybe this will be the end of the Hawk...?

Swap deal with cash!?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
sounds half decent, centre back who can play left back when needed (just like someone we sold last week!). How much will he cost though if Crawley have already turned down bids? Would expect something to happen by Saturday and also whether we are doing a deal with Spiller, Navarro et al.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Probably would be a good investment if we had to go to £150,000 to secure his services. There is always a chance McNulty might be carrying physchological scars and not achieve the progress that he would otherwise have expected. I sure hope I am wrong but we are all human and it's going to be at the back of his mind.

And it might signal the beginning of the end for Virgo, who surely must be running his contract down in Slades eyes :shrug: Surely young progressive talent is where it's at on our march to Falmer and the Championship. :)

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
looked like he is the new captain as well as both him and fozzie started so dont know why virgo would be running his contract down in slades eyes

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Virgo is only 26.

Not exactly an 'oldie' in the grand scheme of things I agree, but I think Virgo has reached his 'potential' and I can't really see him being in the first eleven come Falmer.

looked like he is the new captain as well as both him and fozzie started so dont know why virgo would be running his contract down in slades eyes

So Forster is no longer captain?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here