Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jake Robinson - 2 goals in 43 games

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Personally I think our currebnt situation whereby we are FORECED to put our youth team players in the first team does nothing for their development. I'd much rather see them loaned out to the lower leagues and gradually brought in.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Uncle Spielberg said:
They all try but our problems lie in the FACT

CK-R - Div 1 standard
Hart - Div 1 standard
Robinson - Div 2 standard
Gatting - Div 2/ GMVC standard
McPhee - Div 2 standard

And there you have it.

And its taken Magoo most of the season to realise and now its to late. :angry: :angry: :angry:

Last edited:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
dwayne said:
What a pathetic cliche.

We are 2nd bottom on merit, based on our performances we should be no higher and no lower....and on that basis

We are punching our weight

Surely being in the relegation zone suggests we are punching above our wait. Hence the teams in the relegation zone, get relegated.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Virgo's Haircut said:
When you say 43 games. Does this take into account that in a fair few of them he has come on for the last 10 minutes whilst we are 3-0 down with 4 players sent off?

According to the club site he has only made 17 starts in his entire Brighton career.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Uncle Spielberg said:
They all try but our problems lie in the FACT

CK-R - Div 1 standard
Hart - Div 1 standard
Robinson - Div 2 standard
McPhee - Div 2 standard

And there you have it.

Bit harsh IMO. They should be judged by the number of chances they miss, not the games scored to played ratio

Lammy said:
Personally I think our currebnt situation whereby we are FORECED to put our youth team players in the first team does nothing for their development. I'd much rather see them loaned out to the lower leagues and gradually brought in.

won't be a problem next season

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
What the f***? this judgement call on our strikers when all it concerns are the statistics is getting on my tits. Rooney isn't prolific in front of goal but that doesn't mean he is probably the best English player of his generation.

All our strikers apart from Hart are 22 or younger. Give them a chance. Only at Brighton would you get supporters getting on a 17 year olds back after 3 games.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Les Biehn said:
Only at Brighton would you get supporters getting on a 17 year olds back after 3 games.
An unfortunate turn of phrase.
:D

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Not a bad judgement based on all 3 of his appearances

How else am I meant to judge :rolleyes: , I am not going to get on his back but he is woefully short at this level, he is offside all the time and has not had a shot in 3 games. I feel sorry for him as it is far too soon for him but we have no other options.

bellsize seagull

Mar 1, 2004
north london
did you go to Norwich ?, if so you would have seen a young lad who was very strong on ther ball, won loads of headers and with a bit more service will score plenty of goals...legend in the making

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Bit harsh IMO. They should be judged by the number of chances they miss, not the games scored to played ratio???

In that case they are all premiership players :lol:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Les Biehn said:
Rooney isn't prolific in front of goal but that doesn't mean he is probably the best English player of his generation.

Really?

They do not look too bad;

Squad profiles

Player name: Wayne Rooney
Date of birth: 24 October, 1985
Nationality: English
Position: Striker
Height: 1.78

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall career totals
Apps As sub Goals Yellow Red
Total (Club) 157 (39) 45 36 2
League 122 (34) 36 30 1
FA Cup 13 (1) 3 2 0
League Cup 11 (4) 2 2 0
European/Others 11 (0) 4 2 1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

International career totals
England 28 (3) 11 4 0
England U19 0 (0) 0 0 0
England U17 0 (0) 0 0 0

Current club totals
Total (Club) 80 (10) 28 16 1
League 55 (7) 21 13 0
FA Cup 9 (1) 3 0 0
League Cup 5 (2) 0 1 0
European/Others 11 (0) 4 2 1

This season
Total (Club) 37 (4) 11 9 1
League 26 (2) 10 6 0
FA Cup 3 (1) 0 0 0
League Cup 3 (1) 0 1 0
European/Others 5 (0) 1 2 1

Manchester United
Total (Club) 37 (4) 11 9 1
League 26 (2) 10 6 0
FA Cup 3 (1) 0 0 0
League Cup 3 (1) 0 1 0
European/Others 5 (0) 1 2 1

This season international
England 4 (0) 1 1 0

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Uncle Buck said:
Really?

They do not look too bad;

I know they dont look bad but I said prolific.

Uncle Buck said:
How else am I meant to judge

Well perhaps you should judge him after a few more games. I think at least 10, or maybe more for a player of his age.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Who gives a shit about Rooney.

Jake Robinson is a player with ability and promise.... however due to our situation to much is being asked of him too soon, same with both CKR and Gatting

As has been stated before they have no real striker to learn from and the burden of scoring goals for a struggling team is not easy.

If we stay up it may pay to loan out Jakey maybe for a few months next season to a lower league club to help his development....but i do think he is a player with a future and will score goals for Brighton at this level and hopefully above

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
blockhseagull said:
Who gives a shit about Rooney.

Jake Robinson is a player with ability and promise.... however due to our situation to much is being asked of him too soon, same with both CKR and Gatting

As has been stated before they have no real striker to learn from and the burden of scoring goals for a struggling team is not easy.

If we stay up it may pay to loan out Jakey maybe for a few months next season to a lower league club to help his development....but i do think he is a player with a future and will score goals for Brighton at this level and hopefully above

But you say they are young and being burdened, but at a similar stage of his career Zamora was playing and scoring goals and at a year or so older than Robinson he was scoring goals for a struggling side.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here