Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jade Goodys funeral

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Not seen that before (thankfully). Please tell me this is a joke like fork handles. :lolol::lolol::lolol:
attachment.php

tip top

Kandidate
Jun 27, 2007
dunno I'm lost
I cannot believe sky news have 6 HOURS constant coverage today.

Gotta hand it to Clifford, he's bloody good at what he does unfortunately.

You mean apart from the years when I worked at Laughton Lodge? :shootself

Irrelevant anyway as it was simple highlight of the ridiculous double standards on here. Someone complains about mock outrage and then appears to show that exact same mock outrage.

So it really wasn't applicable or necessary to post what you said about Harty then, and especially if you are talking about someone of like charitable interests apprently, to yourself? (unless you were getting paid and thereby a recipient from charitable donations?)

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I am genuinely interest. Is anyone here going to watch the entire Sky coverage?

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Massive crowds are beginning to form on the funeral route.

AYP0612236_P.JPG

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
A stricken husband takes a moment out to reflect on the seriousness of the occasion.

71014_MoneyHappiness_vl-vertical.jpg

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Did anyone really believe Clifford when he said "...the family now want privacy"? This is a real cash cow for the surviving family and various others.

I have to say that my sympathy has now all been used up. I have no doubt anybody and his dog related to Ms Goody will be dredging up any insignificant fact about Ms Goody for cash still.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
This morning's breaking news is that equipment is now in place for moving the coffin.

tower-crane12.jpg

:lolol::bowdown:

I find it unbelievable Sky News are paying such attention to such an event. Christ, she was hated a year ago! The power of the Bandwagon in England is incredible!

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Absolutely. Those of us who despise the entire Goody circus and what it represents will continue to attack it. You can sit there with your OK! magazine and Sun 20 page funeral supplement, and think that caring about a skilfully-manipulated media creation makes you a better person than those of us who are sneering. No doubt you'll be dabbing your eyes and shouting out "WHY? WHY?" in between banning people who don't share your views.

For the record I think the whole thing is a circus.

Charlie Brooker said it much better than I ever will in Newswipe

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Surely you can't be the same Uncle Spielberg who claimed it was "shameful" that someone complained to the BBC about Ian Hart? Because that would make it OK to mock people with learning difficulties and yet not OK to make sick jokes about a talentless, bullying racist married to a convicted thug, wouldn't it?

NO. Get your shit togeteher I think you are referring to the incident when Harty phoned into his show pissed and some muppet posted a link to complain. So GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT before you make a false claim.

NO. Get your shit togeteher I think you are referring to the incident when Harty phoned into his show pissed and some muppet posted a link to complain. So GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT before you make a false claim.

Perhaps you should find some glue for your shit rather than me.

How are You Going to LISTEN To The Commentary Now Hart and Hawesy Have Been SUSPENDED - Page 2 - North Stand Chat

You claim that someone from NSC complained and that is shameful. So they are not allowed to be outraged or offended about something but you are? Or are you just the one arbitrates on what we can and can't joke about?

So it really wasn't applicable or necessary to post what you said about Harty then, and especially if you are talking about someone of like charitable interests apprently, to yourself? (unless you were getting paid and thereby a recipient from charitable donations?)

I have absolutely no idea what you are going on about. It was an example of what I see as double standards - nothing more. He has apologised for an inappropriate remark which is a slang term for disabled people. I am not accusing someone of something they haven't done. It is gone - Ian apologised over what was probably a mountain out of a molehill situation. All I was doing was highlighting that people complained at the time that no-one had the right to be offended and complain - and yet the same people are outraged and verbally abusing people who make sick jokes about someone who doesn't appear to have been an overly nice person. And you seem to be validating my point by suggesting that it was OK for Ian to do it as he does charitable work and that I can only comment if I have done similar charitable work.

A very strange position to take - I'm assuming you got your fingers burnt by throwing out a random attack that proved horribly wrong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here