Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jade Goody (again)

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
putting herself into the media's eye is the only commodity that she has. and if she wants to earn plenty of pounds so that her two little ones need not worry for anything after their mother is gone then let her get on with it. maybe this is her coping mechanism, maybe for her keeping busy every day with newspaper interviews, radio shows or on the tv is one of the things that keep her going. and i hope that by putting cervical cancer out there in the public eye that it makes every woman go and get checked.

and i hope that by putting cancer up there in big bright letters sothat everyone can see it makes more people donate. there but for the grace of god.

anthony nolan
blood donation
organ donation

no excuses.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I think it is desperately sad that two children are losing their mother at a ridiculously young age. Cancer is such a cruel condition.

I don't think it is right though that Max Clifford is stage managing her final days, I can't think of anyone worse. I know she wants to earn money for her kids (he's probably told her to do it all for them), but he is raking money in off the back of it and that is what I have a problem with. He should donate his fee to cancer charities or a trust fund for her kids and advise Jade to live out her final days with some dignity.

Last edited:

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
putting herself into the media's eye is the only commodity that she has. and if she wants to earn plenty of pounds so that her two little ones need not worry for anything after their mother is gone then let her get on with it. maybe this is her coping mechanism, maybe for her keeping busy every day with newspaper interviews, radio shows or on the tv is one of the things that keep her going. and i hope that by putting cervical cancer out there in the public eye that it makes every woman go and get checked.

and i hope that by putting cancer up there in big bright letters sothat everyone can see it makes more people donate. there but for the grace of god.

anthony nolan
blood donation
organ donation

no excuses.

A good post, from someone with a real experience.

I don't mind posters being offensive to each other with football related opinions.................but please Manilla Seagull etc etc...........not on a subject such as this.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
OK, forget your personal opinion of Jade Goody, she has been given months to live and will leave behind a husband and two children when she dies. All she appears to be doing now is using what little time she has left to raise money to try and give her kids a better education than she had, also to make women aware of how important it is to get a regular smear test. Here is someone who is trying to use her own death as a warning to young women about their own health, from reports this has already had an effect and health authorities have had an uptake in numbers making appointments.

I am shocked by some of the comments on here, I had thought better of NSC to appear so heartless...try imagining yourself in her position, would you be able to face your own impending death in the same way or be so concerned for others into the bargain?

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Just goes to show what morons can post on here sometimes. What is she doing wrong then??

Raising awareness of a disease which is largely prevented by awareness = A GOOD THING

Raising money for her kids so when she's gone and they don't have a Mum, they can still get a good education and a quality of life = A GOOD THING

I agree that this shouldn't be front page news, but if you will insist on reading the Sun... you probably don't care about the real news anyway.

Anyone questioning her needs to take a look in the mirror, she's incredibly brave. A a damn site better person than some of the pricks on here and I say good luck to her, as I would for any person in such a horrific situation.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Here goes BHA EXPRESS again..

Jealous because I live and work in Manila and his girlfriend is a Filipina...check the history...

Self richious prick because I personally know someone who is dying?

Get a life.....and dont forget to buy your copy of OK magazine..

I hope you rot in hell

Sums you up well doesn't it ? Where did I mention anything about your friend ? I agree with Simster but don't see the need to resort to name calling yet you show yourself up by doing just that.

You make me laugh though, jealous of you living in Manila ? It's a complete shit hole. My fiancee hates The Philippines for a whole number of reasons and unlike you she was born and grew up there. Believe me another well known poster on here would agree with my view.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton

Jealous because I live and work in Manila and his girlfriend is a Filipina...check the history...

I hope you rot in hell

Sums you up well doesn't it ? Where did I mention anything about your friend ? I agree with Simster but don't see the need to resort to name calling yet you show yourself up by doing just that.

You make me laugh though, jealous of you living in Manila ? It's a complete shit hole. My fiancee hates The Philippines for a whole number of reasons and unlike you she was born and grew up there. Believe me another well known poster on here would agree with my view.

FFS.... :wozza:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent

Actually I felt the need to respond to that post mainly because of it's complete inaccuracy. Apologies but I fail to see why I should get that sort of abuse for merely agreeing with the majority on here.

Re the people who say "yes I know we have a choice not to watch this....etc"

Well - START taking your choice and STOP F***ING TALKING ABOUT HER AND SKIP THOSE HEADLINES!!

For all others, carry on, but please don't say how low will she go etc if you joined the gossip calypso.

Thanking you in anticipation,
NMH

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
TV has gone too far. If she wants to air her illness on TV that is her choice, and I kind of understand she wants to do it for her kids, who would not.

You have a choice, do not watch it, it's that simple. I wont be watching, I'm sad because no matter what someone has done it's not nice seeing someone die. Very very sad indeed.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

I hope you rot in hell
The word is "righteous". And yes, you are. Sorry. A nice big shouty "Jade Goody is evil and I should know because I know somebody who is dying RIGHT NOW!".

Well I had a brother who died when he was a few months old of liver disease. Do I win five pounds?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Its her life she can do what she likes with it.
You dont have to watch it.

Finally.

I can't believe so many people have such strong opinions about this. Fine, if you don't like her then fair enough, you don't have to reiterate your dislike for her now because she is dying.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
The word is "righteous". And yes, you are. Sorry. A nice big shouty "Jade Goody is evil and I should know because I know somebody who is dying RIGHT NOW!".

Well I had a brother who died when he was a few months old of liver disease. Do I win five pounds?

Come to that my last remaining uncle died early this morning, should I be whinging about that ? I wouldn't mind but just how much coverage does this sad situation actually get in the Philippines ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here