Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jade Goody (again)

manilaseagull

Used to be Swindonseagull
BBC NEWS | Entertainment | Jade Goody secures wedding deal

I am sorry if it offends anyone but how low can she go?

She is told she is dying and all she wants is people to see it all.

I understand that she wants a secure financial future for her sons but this???

Reportedly OK has paid 700K and Living TV 100K.

What sort of people read these magazines?

I never liked the woman and so even when she dies I will not say how great she was...I just think she has stooped to a new low ASSISTED by magazine editors and TV Companies.

Also.... Not a very nice question this but is her Boyfriend just doing it for publicity and money?

following is a quote from another forum

I think the whole thing is turning into a freak show - lets throw lots of money into a dying girls wedding and we can all watch it feeling better about ourselves !! I dont mean us as the general public but media and these celebrities that are offering up all these freebies. I cannot stand Jade and think she is a loudmouthed, violent, ignorant bully but do feel desperately sorry for her as a young woman not being able to see her kids grow up. The media are portraying her as almost some sort of saint like figure when last year she was being slated for her vile behavior and no one would touch her. Does contracting a terminal illness make you a media darling these days?

Its all very wrong ...

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Not to worry mate, this time next year she'll be wormfood. Then you'll be happy.

(!)

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
you sick little f***. I hope you burn in hell for that comment, have a f***ing heart. You bring a tear to me eye by saying that the worms wont go hungry. Have heart, find your soul

manilaseagull

Jordan

Read the first post and you will see what I think of her...

I will not change my comments just to please someone like you.

If I do not like someone in life why should I like them in death? I am not Hypocritical like others.

Good Day.

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
I can understand that you do not like her as a person, and you know what, nor do i. But at this time in a persons life, i think we must find a place in our hearts for her, and anyone in her position. Whether what she is doing is right or wrong, we must have respct, even if she shows none.

manilaseagull

There is no place in my heart for her and never will there be.
There is a place in my heart for my friends wife who has been given 3 weeks to live and will be leaving 2 girls ages 8 and 11. She has chosen to die with dignity with her family...NOT surrounded be TV cameras and reporters.

Whilst I feel sorry for her kids, Goody had no real talent apart from being on Big Brother..(and we all know how much talent is required there)

So no.....No place in my heart for her and definitely no respect, she is turning her death into a media circus...

Respect should start at her own bedside.

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
Agreed. However, what one chooses to do leading up to their death is their choice. I do also agree that there is too much media surrounding goody, but i do not blame goody totaly for this. I wish your friends wife a safe journey to wherever she may end up. I hope she will find peace with the world, with her 2 children, and with herself.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
All Jade Goody is doing is trying to raise as much cash as she can for her family, and that's a bad thing ? Also, she is bringing more awareness to cancer and indirectly helping to get in more funds for cancer charities.

She's such a wicked person ..........

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Most in the same position would probably do the same, the thing is, most of us DON'T have that ability to earn mega bucks and ensure family etc are well kept for after we are gone, and knowing you have a very short time left at 27 is so tragic.

But everyone will always have a differance of opinion as to what is right and what is wrong in a case like this.

Personally, whilst i have never admired or appreciated what she has contributed into the media world, I don't blame her for what she is doing, good luck to her.

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
There is a place in my heart for my friends wife who has been given 3 weeks to live and will be leaving 2 girls ages 8 and 11. She has chosen to die with dignity with her family...NOT surrounded be TV cameras and reporters.

Whilst I feel sorry for her kids, Goody had no real talent apart from being on Big Brother..(and we all know how much talent is required there)

So no.....No place in my heart for her and definitely no respect, she is turning her death into a media circus...

Whether you love her or hate her she's still winning, after all you're talking about her and that's what she wants.

Personally i'm completely indifferent to her. She's not going through anything that thousands of others are going through in this country right now. What makes me laugh is how the whole country hated her for being racist but we've got to forgive her because she's going to die!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
An incredibly brave Woman, She has gone up 100 fold in my estimation.Oh by the wwat wasy young women under 30 going to their GP's areasking for a cervical smear have gone uo 20%.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Whether you love her or hate her she's still winning, after all you're talking about her and that's what she wants.

Personally i'm completely indifferent to her. She's not going through anything that thousands of others are going through in this country right now. What makes me laugh is how the whole country hated her for being racist but we've got to forgive her because she's going to die!

Only about 6 women in the UK will die of cervical cancer related conditions under 35 years this year.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Look at me! Look at me! I know someone who is REALLY suffering! She's MUCH better than Jade Goody. See!

You self righteous prick.

What makes me laugh is how the whole country hated her for being racist but we've got to forgive her because she's going to die!
The problem is that middle England jumps on racism as if it was the worst crime in the world, without paying due attention to the actual crime itself. Childish bullying on a TV show culminating in one racist sentence is not the same thing as burning crosses and lynching somebody; yet she was treated like a leaper by some in the press and the chattering classes.
And "forgive" is the wrong word, IMO. When someone is about to have her life taken away in her early 20s leaving behind two small children, surely it's simply about getting a sense of perspective rather than forgiveness? At the end of the day she's a stupid chav but it's still unfair that she's having to go through this.
And I don't judge her one way or the other for selling her story. Maybe she thinks the money for her family is more important than dignity - not an unreasonable thought, considering how she's conducted herself in the past. She has shown she will live her life in a goldfish bowl. So what if she does it again.

chalkmycue

Feb 17, 2009
When she was first diagnosed with Cancer i felt she was out of order for selling her story and it smacked of a way to make some money, but after finding out she is terminal i feel differently if you were told you had months to live you would not give a F**k about getting more money i think she is doing this for awarness and something to focus on i knew a lady who was a mad brighton fan she was diagnosed with months to live she renewed her season ticket even though she was expected dead by the first game she done this however i beleive as a focus point something to get up for something to aim for and yes she did make that first game:) but long gone now unfortunatly.

Its hard for us to say about the press etc and how our freinds relatives etc who have cancer dont do that our freinds and relatives dont have the option that are not in the public eye.

It is a fact that since Jade Goodys has gone public the amount of women going for cervical screening has risen this has to be a good thing so well done Jade for this and keep fighting.

You havent got to like her but nobody would wish cancer on there worst enemy would they???

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Look at me! Look at me! I know someone who is REALLY suffering! She's MUCH better than Jade Goody. See!

You self righteous prick.

The problem is that middle England jumps on racism as if it was the worst crime in the world, without paying due attention to the actual crime itself. Childish bullying on a TV show culminating in one racist sentence is not the same thing as burning crosses and lynching somebody; yet she was treated like a leaper by some in the press and the chattering classes.
And "forgive" is the wrong word, IMO. When someone is about to have her life taken away in her early 20s leaving behind two small children, surely it's simply about getting a sense of perspective rather than forgiveness? At the end of the day she's a stupid chav but it's still unfair that she's having to go through this.
And I don't judge her one way or the other for selling her story. Maybe she thinks the money for her family is more important than dignity - not an unreasonable thought, considering how she's conducted herself in the past. She has shown she will live her life in a goldfish bowl. So what if she does it again.

Well said that man :thumbsup:

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
I know how dreadful this disease is towards the end, women now under 30 getting the test done has increased, she is now securing her kids future as she is lucky enough to be in that position.

Well done I say and I hope her pain does not go on and on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here