• Yes

Votes: 79 56.0%
  • No

Votes: 62 44.0%

• Total voters

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I agree with you but even if thought processes are childlike the behaviour was not acceptable.

For example. A bunch of 9 year olds have a sleep over and all decide to get their 'old men' out to compare. Not wholly unusual or damaging. Now imagine the same scenario in a 40 year old mans bedroom where said man is encouraging and joining in.

As childlike as MJ may have been, would you want your child exposed to that?

But we have no idea whether than was happening or not, and that isn't what I was suggesting happened. I mean his was child-like in not realising how innocent fun (not waving your sausage around) can be viewed in a damaging light. His concern wasn't what people think and say about completely innocent fun.

I'm talking about the shocking studies when a picture of a bloke playing with a group of kids is immediately viewed as "suspicious" by an increasing percentage of the population.

As for my own child .... I'd play it by ear. I wouldn't leave him there all alone from the first time I met Michael, but I wouldn't do that with anyone I don't know. You then make a judgement on how much you trust someone over time, and you also base it on how your kids react around them.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
If he was a convicted paedophile would 'your duty as a fan' still include sticking up for him?

I never read the sun or any other tabloid but followed the various cases on a number of respected TV news channels over the years as well as numerous pro, anti and neutral websites and I have formed the opinion he had an unhealthy obsession with children bordering on dangerous. Was he a paedophile though? None of us really know for sure one way or the other. Was he a great musician and performer? Absolutely. Separate the two though because if you take away his undoubted talent and stardom and apply all the evidence and testimony against a normal everyday person, that person would without any doubt be labelled a paedophile by almost every person and treated as such in society.

Nail on head. The only people who seem adamant that there is no chance of him being a paedophile are his fans. Therefore, take away his celebrity status and his talent for performing and no doubt their attitude would be different. Not necessarily convinced he is, but probably far more sceptical.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
But we have no idea whether than was happening or not, and that isn't what I was suggesting happened. I mean his was child-like in not realising how innocent fun (not waving your sausage around) can be viewed in a damaging light. His concern wasn't what people think and say about completely innocent fun.

I'm talking about the shocking studies when a picture of a bloke playing with a group of kids is immediately viewed as "suspicious" by an increasing percentage of the population.

As for my own child .... I'd play it by ear. I wouldn't leave him there all alone from the first time I met Michael, but I wouldn't do that with anyone I don't know. You then make a judgement on how much you trust someone over time, and you also base it on how your kids react around them.

Innocent childlike fun, there is a world of difference between playing with a group of kids in a park and spending the night with them in your own bed.

DJB1975

Jul 9, 2009
London
If we had done all the things he got up to. We would all be in nick now but you he could afford the best Lawyer's same thing as O.J Simpson.

Money talks

Feb 2, 2007
Japan
Interesting to see this is almost neck and neck. I don't think our Mikey was an er..fiddler...it's just the media, who are responsible for so many of the illls in our society. Normal Rob's username still does my head in btw.

Come on Rob, please describe in less than 100 words why you are normal.

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
Oh come on, the man was a danger to children. It's sad how some peoples mindless celebrity worship blinds them to the facts.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I dunno, but he must of had a screw loose to choose a bulgarian shot putter to be the mother of his children

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Did he f*** kids up the bum? No, I don't think so. Did he like their company to a level that was inappropriate and possibly damaging for the kids? Yes.

Nail on the head.

Feb 2, 2007
Japan
For better or worse everything this troubled individual did was in the name of publicity. Good or bad. The media machine just keeps rolling on. Look at Jordan and Petey boy. Shamelessly milking it for all its worth.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Interesting to see this is almost neck and neck. I don't think our Mikey was an er..fiddler...it's just the media, who are responsible for so many of the illls in our society. Normal Rob's username still does my head in btw.

Come on Rob, please describe in less than 100 words why you are normal.

PM about to be sent...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Did he f*** kids up the bum? No, I don't think so. Did he like their company to a level that was inappropriate and possibly damaging for the kids? Yes.

Was probably also gay but as has been said, so what? Just sad he couldn't come to terms with it if true.
Wise words. I love you JIMOTHY. :love:

Not in a kiddie-fiddling, complete gayer, Michael Jackson kind of way you understand. :thumbsup:

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
As usual when the subject of sexuality is raised, the debate is boiled down to an either or when it seems to me that it is much more complex than that. Having said that, I think Lokki 7's comments are absolutely spot on as they allow for a shade of grey. Jackson was detached from reality from the age of about 10 and by 20 was just about the biggest star on the planet. As other people have written, he could get away with it because of who he was. A bit like another person of a previous generation who also had a claim to be the biggest star on the planet - one Charles Chaplin who by all accounts had a predeliction for teenage girls well into his fifties.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
İbrahim Tatlıses;3031572 said:
I would be inclined to suggest that anyone that says yes are the same people that read and believe that he was gay in todays Sun.

I would be inclined to suggest that anyone that says no has a closed mind and believes that their hero is beyond reproach.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I would be inclined to suggest that anyone that says no has a closed mind and believes that their hero is beyond reproach.

A quite remarkable uppercut from Douglas connects with the jaws of all the paedophile-supporting Jacko fans on this thread! We're not saying he's not talented....

:thumbsup:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Yeah but where is the hard evidence. Show me the proof

apart from the Bashir interview, the 4 publicly known accusations, one of which was paid off, another went to trial where the defnse consisted of questioning the motivation of the family and even his own sister saying she thought he was a paedo (though she'll probably say anything and retracted). not really much to go by is it? people get lynched for have the same name as someone on the sex offenders list, yet this guy is apparently above even suspicion to many.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here